Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Expo

mrnate450r

I have been looking at centurion boats and they seem to be the closest to Malibu when it comes to Luxury/Performance. I haven't seen any boats out there that come close to malibus quality and feel of interior, except centurion has recently caught my eye. I'm definitely going to go sit in one at least and judge, but Centurion seems to be doing something right over there also. Good looking boats.

I have been looking at centurion boats and they seem to be the closest to Malibu when it comes to Luxury/Performance. I haven't seen any boats out there that come close to malibus quality and feel of interior, except centurion has recently caught my eye. I'm definitely going to go sit in one at least and judge, but Centurion seems to be doing something right over there also. Good looking boats.

ehhh...after you sit in one and more importantly drive one, I think you might change your mind. Several manufacturers match malibu in luxury and depending on your sport, performance, but Centurion isn't one of them IMO. Talk about a tank. That said, the surf wave reputation speaks for itself, but I tried a fully loaded 244 and I was actually pretty underwhelmed.

ehhh...after you sit in one and more importantly drive one, I think you might change your mind. Several manufacturers match malibu in luxury and depending on your sport, performance, but Centurion isn't one of them IMO. Talk about a tank. That said, the surf wave reputation speaks for itself, but I tried a fully loaded 244 and I was actually pretty underwhelmed.

Agreed. My buddy who is there, has a 2012 Enzo 233. Not luxury by any stretch. Not to mention the lack of cabin space. I give him a hard time about my 23 LSV and how a 23 ft boat cabin should look like. Surf wave wasn't anything to write home about either. While it's different than my LSV, it wasn't what I would call better.

Agreed. My buddy who is there, has a 2012 Enzo 233. Not luxury by any stretch. Not to mention the lack of cabin space. I give him a hard time about my 23 LSV and how a 23 ft boat cabin should look like. Surf wave wasn't anything to write home about either. While it's different than my LSV, it wasn't what I would call better.

Similar experience... every year at the boat show I look hard at Centurion and Tige due mainly to the hype I'm always reading online. Every year the same take away... Malibu pricing for less than inspiring interiors.

If your buddy's aren't getting a good wave out of a 233 or 244, they aren't doing something right. The regular wave on my buddy's 233 is one of the best I have ridden. He surfs only and has it dialed. It's loooong and powerful all the way back. Better shape than any of the others I've tried. The only real gripe I have about the centurions is the throttle, they drive like a tank and the wakeboard wake is marginal at best. I really like their interior and styling.

I am biased and drank to much malibu cool aid but I like malibu far better. My buddy feels the same way about centurion to malibu. We have a nice little ongoing debate about which boat is better while we ride each other's boats. We have an equally great time in both.

Edited by isellacuras

I didn't say it wasn't a good wave, just that I didn't feel like it was better than mine. I will agree that it was longer though. Yeah, that throttle sucks!!

Really? , lol