Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extend your pleasure...

Kalamazoo

Many here have installed/upgraded heatercraft heater systems. I'm about to do the same and extend the boating season.

I'm looking for recommendations or any additional tips beyond normal installation. going with two units and circulation pump.

thanks in advance!

I installed two sets of three outlet heaters in our Bu as it did not come with any ( bought boat from dealer stock. Installed them in locations different than those of the factory install. Feel free to pm me and I will explain the install that I did. Wish I was better at posting pics etc... Good luck with it and once completed you'll be very happy with the extended season!

i'm happy having placed a Y in the second snorkle that is at the drivers feet.

the other end of that Y feeds a dash vent to defrost.

both have louvers to increase airflow in the needed area.

when defrost isn't needed (only about 10 minutes to start most days) then the driver is toasty.

what he said

so...those are the supply and return hoses near the engine and if a leak develops you simply disconnect them both and connect the engine hoses together?

Edited by Kalamazoo

so...those are the supply and return hoses near the engine and if a leak develops you simply disconnect them both and connect the engine hoses together?

yup. takes a bit of planning to insure you have the right sex and sufficient length to make the swap.

once those garden connectors are in the circuit i replaced the hose washer w the type that includes a stainless screen on the suck side hose.

no more threat of crap accumulating in the core.

i only clean the screen spring and fall when the temperature dips.

also did the screen trick w the shower supply hoses, too. no sense sucking rust n such from the block/manifold into the pump.

one more question....if I have only on/off switches I plan to use high speed.

If I have on-off-on switches...would you suggest high/low speeds or high/med? probably minor but figured I'd throw it out there...