Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BILGE PUMP WILL NOT STOP RUNNING

I replaced my bilge pump and when i hooked up the last wire it started running. i looked and the switch and it was off. i tried turning the switch on and touching the wires together and it still ran. i tested the bilge pump switch ( which i thought might be bad) along with the hull exhaust pump switch (which i knew was good) to compare resistances. and both of them were exactly the same (.2 ohms on both) . so my next guess would be that there is a short somewhere.. if there is anything i can do to check for before i start tearing through the wires, let me know. tips would be greatly appreciated. Also a wiring diagram would be awesome. thank you

Did you try switching wires>

Also your pump should have an internal automatic switch. Look for mechanical interferences that may cause that to be always on, or your short may be in the unit itself. Test this by wiring directly to your battery. You may have been sold a lemon.

BadDog is right on. There are three wires to the system. Ground, (+ all time for float in bilge pump) and switchable (+) at dash panel. If you have the wire that should go to the dash switched with battery all time (float) wire. your bilge will continuosly run.