Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need info on older Malibu

jryotas

Whats up guys ,,, Im looking at purchasing an early 90's F3 . Can you tell me what years they went all composite and what issue to look for with these boats . Found a 92 I really interested in . Thanks

Whats up guys ,,, Im looking at purchasing an early 90's F3 . Can you tell me what years they went all composite and what issue to look for with these boats . Found a 92 I really interested in . Thanks

The F3 is not composite. The '93 Echelon was the first composite boat, and by '95 (I think) everything was composite. But - that doesn't mean the 92 you found is not a great boat, hopefully others can chime in on that. I don't know much about anything besides the Echelon and the LSV.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply . Im mainly worried about rot obviously . I figure I can check the engine bolts and tell if the stringers are bad . The model im lookin at is a Sunsetter 201 F3 . If any current or previous owners of that model could chime in and tell me the ride quality and maintenance issues to look for , I would really appreciate it .

93 was the first year in the F3 they went composite, this is my boat is. I love it! Its a great all-around boat, especially for an older one. I built and installed a wedge, tower, ghetto gate, and it makes a great wakeboard and moderate surf wake weighted down. I have had zero issues, aside from general maintenance (930 hours) with the boat and have had it 10 years. Be sure to check the floor/stingers; it is quite a project to re-do them.