Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speakers

abattle10

Looking for recommendations for 6x9s that will fit into the stock Titan cans for my 2010 LSV. Trying to keep the budget reasonable but I am open to all options! However, not looking to replace the cans unless there is a great deal out there

Do not know how well these fit, but the Kicker PS69 marine/powersports 6x9 would be worth looking at. These would make for a great surf coax replacement. Got an HLCD, The Wet Sounds are the best option.

I put the wetsounds 696 speakers in my titan cans ... Having Hcld horn speakers is really the only way to go on a tower if you want to be able to hear it behind the boat and now worry about blowing speakers. and the wet sounds are the only ones i am aware of that make a 6x9 but they are a bit pricy...

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the input! I am still looking around but I am not sure what I can buy without having to replace my amp. I'm a total newbie when it comes to speakers! Right now there are two pairs of mb quarts hooked up to the RF P400x2 amp. Is there's any way to upgrade my tower speakers to something I can hear behind the boat without having to shell out the cash for a new amp as well? Will the wetsounds/kickers be too much for that amp?

Thank you for all the input! I am still looking around but I am not sure what I can buy without having to replace my amp. I'm a total newbie when it comes to speakers! Right now there are two pairs of mb quarts hooked up to the RF P400x2 amp. Is there's any way to upgrade my tower speakers to something I can hear behind the boat without having to shell out the cash for a new amp as well? Will the wetsounds/kickers be too much for that amp?

To push any HLCD to its potential, you will need sufficient power, but no, those wont be too much for the amp.

Do not know how well these fit, but the Kicker PS69 marine/powersports 6x9 would be worth looking at. These would make for a great surf coax replacement. Got an HLCD, The Wet Sounds are the best option.

Does 2-ohm vs. 4-ohm make a difference?

Does 2-ohm vs. 4-ohm make a difference?

Depends on the amp, so lets use your existing p400.2. With a 4 ohm speaker on each chnl, the amp will deliver 100W rms to each speaker. If you went with a 2 ohm speaker per chnl, the output would be 200W rms to each speaker. If you wired up a pair of 4 ohm speakers per chnl, wired in parallel which equals 2 ohm, the amp's output per chnl is still 200W rms, but now its split by the 2 speakers.