Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tige Remote Control Surf Wave

jtrovato

I used to be intrigued by Tige until I spent some time in one. Man, talk about unfinished and QC issues. Not a well put together boat. Plus their boat feels 2 feet smaller than they are. The Z3 feels about 2 feet smaller than my 23 LSV. Not my cup o tea

Shouldn't they have spent that R and D money developing a surf system instead of a remote control?

It's gonna be tough to be a Tige salesman come boat show time when EVERY other major manufacturer now has a surf system. Don't get me wrong the boats make a good wave but it would be a hard sell to the average Joe

wait until 2016, mailibu will have Martinarchers remote on surfgate :yahoo:

(there is no truth to this, if it actually happens, this was a mere lucky guess)

Martin, you own the idea for wave transferring, not same side :thumbup:

Edited by wakebrdr94

Matt you and I both know you own the idea as I jokingly said to you "how great would it be to have a wireless remote to control the gates like the style I use on my mountain bike lights", you said challenge accepted and shazam, the wake control remote was born. I'll go into bat for you if you every need me to lol

I used to be intrigued by Tige until I spent some time in one. Man, talk about unfinished and QC issues. Not a well put together boat. Plus their boat feels 2 feet smaller than they are. The Z3 feels about 2 feet smaller than my 23 LSV. Not my cup o tea

Shouldn't they have spent that R and D money developing a surf system instead of a remote control?

It's gonna be tough to be a Tige salesman come boat show time when EVERY other major manufacturer now has a surf system. Don't get me wrong the boats make a good wave but it would be a hard sell to the average Joe

I agree, stepping into a Tige's interior feels like you just lost 2' of boat as far as cabin space. The Z3 felt much smaller than my A22 when I had it. The Rz2 feels like a 20' boat

so it's a remote control for the vx and taps plate? I guess it beats yelling at your wife to do it.

The Convex VX is just the add-on under the platform...there's no adjusting it.

wonder how much a remote is when you accidentally drop it?

I was wondering that too. I immediately was looking for a wrist strap or arm band for my remote. Electronics, even if waterproof don't usually float very well!

Yep. I mentioned it in post #1 of the Teakgate thread back in 2012. It just took me until the winter to get it done. :lol:

Wow, that far back. I stand corrected. Can't rush these things though but the finished product with it's electrical trickery is pretty awesome.

Edited by brad72

True story... A friend has a new tige. It's all day long issues, and it's even the 2nd boat from them, after they took back the first boat.

Edited by Indyxc

Agree completely. I was looking at the Z3 prior to purchasing my Malibu and was not a fan. In a addition to the quality, the boat shape just looked odd and the interior was not my style. However, still a fan of the Alpha Z tower.