Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Sanger!

Tims

Seriously, what is that tower made of??

Carbon fiber with aluminum corners?

The interior is interesting.... :dontknow:

10360776_883541638330300_236685147198407

Certainly has a carbon weave in it if you look at the left side in that pic. I still like the styling of the tower, would like to see one in person someday.

The tower is arguably better looking than the new G4, but it does look like a pice of spring steel .

Your kidding...right?

G4... CNC honeycomb construction, built in LED's....its expensive but you can't compare the two

I can compare them, they are both wake boat towers. I like the shape and aesthetics better than the blocky, squared up , lack of aggression lines of the G4.

I don't really care how they built it, or what it's made of , I still think it's ugly. The G4 may be a better performing tower, and I gave you that, but the lines and overall shape are more appealing to me. I like the new Roswell stuff better than the G4 too, and I traditionally have HATED the Roswell offerings of the past. The new Centurion tower (2015) is much better looking too.

Dont get your Malibu underoos all bunched up. Everyone has an a****** right?

Yep, that's what killed it for me. What a waste of space.

I guess it depends... do you think both of those observers seats swing open? Could provide storage behind it? It's definitely "different." I'd have to reserve judgment till I spent a day on the water with that config. For us it's rare that people would "double up" in the observer's seat, so I could kinda see how the double backrest setup might make some sense. Dunno. It's definitely out of the ordinary.

Your kidding...right?

G4... CNC honeycomb construction, built in LED's....its expensive but you can't compare the two

yes, you can. The G4 is fugly with screw heads visible, christmas tree looking tow bar, huge blind spot. That tower looks sharp (both literally and figuratively). I think the tower is about the only bright spot on that boat. the rest looks really cheap.

Edited by bamabonners
  • Like 2

I like that this boat has more free board like the V237 and that Sanger is trying to keep up with the changing market, but I can't get past a few things:

1. I don't like the dual observers seat

2. The graphics are too wild for my taste...I prefer clean and simple.

With that said, I would like to see the wake & wave that it produces and see other color schemes and graphic options.

• Like 1

10351748_883534501664347_35026195405159410660199_883534718330992_168408516846247

I like that this boat has more free board like the V237 and that Sanger is trying to keep up with the changing market, but I can't get past a few things:

1. I don't like the dual observers seat

2. The graphics are too wild for my taste...I prefer clean and simple.

With that said, I would like to see the wake & wave that it produces and see other color schemes and graphic options.

Top pic looks like all the grey/black graphics are stickers. I bet the red continues it's downward swoop to the top of the rub rail. Probably looks good without them, but then people would notice the kink in the rub rail and the spoon nose bow sides--kind of reminiscent of their old flat bottoms or drag boats or unlimited hydroplanes from back in the day.

Bottom pic: Don't care for the lower red stripe coming up and meeting at the rail. It's too high. Combine that with the light pods and bow eye and it looks like a frog or a snake. Yeah, a snake. S-s-s-such a nice S-s-s-sanger....

I guess if everybody built the same boat we wouldn't be here talking about them, would we? :whistle:

yes, you can. The G4 is fugly with screw heads visible, christmas tree looking tow bar, huge blind spot. That tower looks sharp (both literally and figuratively). I think the tower is about the only bright spot on that boat. the rest looks really cheap.

Can someone who actually knows what they are talking about please show me a picture of this huge blind spot people are referring to? There is no way you will convince me that there is any less visibility than any other tower out there. If you are looking behind you and not in a mirror, get an observer, your driving wrong.

On to the boat, I would be willing to bet the double observer seat is their answer to wake view seating. which I don't get as well. if your crew is large enough, you need that seating anyway. The sliding box axis offers or the flip seat in the G series are the best options IMO

Edited by wakebrdr94

Can someone who actually knows what they are talking about please show me a picture of this huge blind spot people are referring to? There is no way you will convince me that there is any less visibility than any other tower out there. If you are looking behind you and not in a mirror, get an observer, your driving wrong.

On to the boat, I would be willing to bet the double observer seat is their answer to wake view seating. which I don't get as well. if your crew is large enough, you need that seating anyway. The sliding box axis offers or the flip seat in the G series are the best options IMO

Yeah... clearly this is Sanger's clever attempt at rear view seating. The issue I see is that it's always there. You can't remove it / fold it down if you want a traditional bench.

I don't need to spend 10 minutes on the water to know I hate it.