Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Sanger!

Tims

You have to put some work into making a dash look that cheap.

Agree not a really nice layout, but from a materials standpoint, much nicer than the budget boats (Axis, Moomba) which is where Sanger's are priced.

I want to like the boat as the lines are more classic and I do like that. But the coloring on the side looks like someone is trying to spruce up a classically lined boat.

The dash takes too many cues from the GFBL crowd, looks like it should have twin controls on the dash and anodized red gauge bezels. Circuit breakers right under the switches, that is function over form. These aren't off shore or commercial vessels. If you have to look under the dash to find the popped breaker, that is better than having to look at the breakers all the time. The switches aren't labeled?? And stick with one switch style, don't come across the dash part way with one then switch to toggles. I like the overall appearance of the boat, but not the finish work. Oh, the tower, I like that. 'bout time someone makes a tower that doesn't look like an erector set gone awry. I like simple.

Agree not a really nice layout, but from a materials standpoint, much nicer than the budget boats (Axis, Moomba) which is where Sanger's are priced.

There barefoot boats aren't budget priced. Closed bow, tower is at 61K.

man, you guys are a TOUGH crowd. Aside from the tower, which I agree with Ryan about... can't possibly see how that sucka don't flex, what you have here is a high freeboard, solidly built wake carving machine. 3000 lbs of available factory ballast (in a 21' boat!!!). Sanger has a good reputation for building boats that last. Sure that double observer's seat thing is kinda weird, but good on them for taking the risk. The dash is definitely "sanger-ish" but who doesn't like manual switches and big round analog gauges. My only quibble there is that what appears to be zero off is down by the driver's knee... not the most logical placement. And I'm not a big fan of the G23-esque water-funnel walk through, but I know a lot of people like those (I'd rather see the walk through built up to be the same height as the cushions). The gel scheme is over the top for me, but I'm sure it's for the show and that you can get something mellow.

In an age of $90K+ VLX's, this looks like a reasonable alternative for $20K less, especially if you live in one of the limited locations with a sanger dealer (west coast). That to me is the biggest limiter to the significance of this boat -- very limited dealer support beyond a day or so's drive from the family owned factory.

There's a video on facebook of the boat in action and the regular surf wake looks very nice.

• Like 4