Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fae?

onwi

It's not necessary, many do without it. You will reduce CO emissions and reduce noise by using it. I don't have one, would love to get one for the noise reduction alone, but just not in the cards right now.

The noise reduction is awesome. The wife loves it cause we can talk in the boat without screaming. It also helps for wakeboarding, I find the music doesn't have to be as loud for the boarder to hear it. I love it all around. It is not necessary for most but for me it's one of the best upgrades I've done.

Edited by FastFreddy

I love my FAE. Swear to god there is a power reduction but I am not taking it off to compare & it's not enough for me to worry about. The noise reduction & no CO is worth its weight in gold if you ask me. Except now you hear every little noise in the engine bay & get paranoid

I don't think there is a power reduction. And even if there was, I would still have it on the boat. It doesn't provide much CO savings to the surfer, but if you have people on the sunpad or backseat it helps. The FAE solves the stovepipe effect. The reason I will always have one is for the noise reduction. I DO NOT miss the sound of the motor at any distance or place in the boat. It is completely worth the purchase in my eyes.

So talking with my dealer less me to believe that the fae is not necessary to surf if you have the extcat. Sounds like the consensus hear is more about noise reduction. Thanks for the info.

So talking with my dealer less me to believe that the fae is not necessary to surf if you have the extcat. Sounds like the consensus hear is more about noise reduction. Thanks for the info.

Well even with the extcat I wouldn't recommend breathing in exhaust fumes all day. Just my 2 cents.

Well even with the extcat I wouldn't recommend breathing in exhaust fumes all day. Just my 2 cents.

True, I just want to be sure I'm safe under regular conditions.

True, I just want to be sure I'm safe under regular conditions.

Obviously many surf without it & go home just fine. I used to leave the lake with bad headaches, tired & always thought it was the sun & the 3-4 beers I would have throughout the day. I no longer have those headaches or am tired like I was when we leave. The sound reduction is where it's at though, it's like I added another amp to my system & I am of the when it comes to boating quieter is better crowd. Love the roar of muscle cars, just not on the water

Edited by racer808

I put an FAE on my boat and I will NEVER surf without one

The catalytic converter handles some of the emissions but not all.

So is it necessary? No. Is it well worth 500 bucks? ABSOLUTELY

Is half the crap we put on these boats necessary? Heck no but this addition will reduce emissions for you and everyone on the boat. It is one addition that actually makes a ton of sense.

• Like 2

I also thinks it helps at idle but doesn't eliminate. I had the engine running to charge the batteries while I was swimming around the platform and I could smell the exhaust. I think the "scrubbing" helps a little but the smell is still there. Under motion there is zero or near zero fumes at any distance, I think it disperses it in the water and it never concentrates in one area.

• Like 2

I would not surf with out it. Love not smelling the exhaust and the noise reduction is amazing. The new design looks good and is very stable.

I have it, love it, would never want a wakeboat without it.

Makes the boating and watersports experience better for everyone with reduced fumes reduced exhaust noise.

However sitting at neutral, the exhaust still bubbles up around the swim platform. As soon as you out it in gear, the prop pushes the exhaust out further behind the boat. While surfing, nearly all the exhaust comes up 10ft behind the surfer.