Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My Neice is Wakeboarding now!!

Headhunter 2317

Today we took my neices to Carters Lake. The oldest is 12 and she's been dying to learn since she saw me ride last Labor Day. I sat down with her on the platform and told her exactly what to do. She actually got up on her 2nd try but immediately went over the handlebars.

On her 4th try, she was riding. Yahoo.gif She did not go too far but now she is hooked big time.

The water was a little cold or else she would have kept at it.

Both want to go again next weekend.....I'll have to check my schedule.... Whistling.gif

I had the same experinece last year with my "niece"

Watching her ride and smiling so much was priceless.

Edited by Pistol Pete

That is AWSOME!! Tell her to keep it up that happens to us all the time with people learning to wakeboard. My 6 year old is dealing with the same issues, so I would just keep positive and one day it will be all over for you, she will never get out of the water. Biggrin.gif One more time will turn into six more times Biggrin.gif I think it is great that kids experience the joy of wakeboarding before they are into other things. Let us know how she does next weekend.

I showed her the 2003 Malibu DVD and let her watch Dallas Friday in action. That got her psyched.

Edited by Headhunter 2317
That's great HH, glad to hear that you've been able to keep the mojo going with them. :)

They are now FULLY HOOKED on the BU. The only 'downside" is washing off all those little handprints.......

I am getting used to it. Plus, they are getting some training in the meantime......They both got to participate in the rubdown of the boat when we left the ramp yesterday.

Edited by Headhunter 2317