Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast question

Lakenut

I am needing to get a fat sac for surfing behind the SLXi. So far I have been taking the locker sack out and filling it in the back of the boat. Big pain in the rear. I found a 700 lb bladder on e-bay that comes with an 1100gph pump. 700 lbs is probably more than I have room for in the boat. Would there be any harm in filling it part way? I would like to use it in an "L" shape with part on the side of the motor boax and part behind. Since it would not be full it would give me flexibilty to do that. Anyone see any potiental problems with this idea?

I am needing to get a fat sac for surfing behind the SLXi. So far I have been taking the locker sack out and filling it in the back of the boat. Big pain in the rear. I found a 700 lb bladder on e-bay that comes with an 1100gph pump. 700 lbs is probably more than I have room for in the boat. Would there be any harm in filling it part way? I would like to use it in an "L" shape with part on the side of the motor boax and part behind. Since it would not be full it would give me flexibilty to do that. Anyone see any potiental problems with this idea?

No harm in filling it half way. We put 1200 lbs in the back up a rlxi Innocent.gif it was fine, great wake too! We just put all the sacs in the back corner. No need to weight the center, the engine is there. Just start small and keep adding till you get the desired effects.

What you see is two 500lb sacks on top of each other. If you already have 1 from the locker, just get another one like it and stack them. It still leaves room for 2-3 people in the back and all the seating up front and in the bow.

This is a pic of the wake with just 3 people in the boat, that 1000lbs. and no wedge. I can't remember exactly what was going on in the pic but we were either coming out of a turn or just getting the rider up or something cause we were going slow.