Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sweet wife left the boat running after trailering.

I wouldn't feel too terrible. Im friends with quite a few guys from the local Nautique dealer in town. There were a few young ladies with a brand-new promo boat that left the engine running on the trailer for several HOURS during a road trip home from FL to IN. Needless to say the engine was complete trash. The paint had completely burned off the engine and the plastic cover on top had melted into an unidentifiable blob.

I am pretty Sure the OP does not feel bad at all....

I think he just wanted to know how his boat made out.....

He already said he had a SWEET Wife....

He could just as well left out in his original post who actually left it running.....because I do not believe in his mind that it was important....

Am I correct about that Mrsamman?

I wouldn't feel too terrible. Im friends with quite a few guys from the local Nautique dealer in town. There were a few young ladies with a brand-new promo boat that left the engine running on the trailer for several HOURS during a road trip home from FL to IN. Needless to say the engine was complete trash. The paint had completely burned off the engine and the plastic cover on top had melted into an unidentifiable blob.

Wow, too bad the engine didn't have a thermal sensor that kicked in and turned off the motor before it baked itself.

I am pretty Sure the OP does not feel bad at all....

I think he just wanted to know how his boat made out.....

He already said he had a SWEET Wife....

He could just as well left out in his original post who actually left it running.....because I do not believe in his mind that it was important....

Am I correct about that Mrsamman?

Yes your correct.

I was just wanting feedback about what could have happened to the boat, not to our marriage. Both are fine....

OUCH! :(

Ok you're wife is taking a beating here. Hey guys? how about teaching all of your ladies to drive and maintain the boat without you? I know, you're afraid they will go out and have all that fun without you.

Ask IXFE if this is a good idea... :whistle:

No problem, just pointing out some bigger issues that would keep you from making the mistake. My father in-law used to detach his bow hook before backing down the ramp, worked for 20+ years until the day it didn't. Didn't make the previous 20 years before dumping the boat on the concrete a good idea.

You know what's funny is my last lake crew in OK used to clown me over this, I refused to removed the strap till the boat was over water.

You know what's funny is my last lake crew in OK used to clown me over this, I refused to removed the strap till the boat was over water.

I never considered it an option otherwise. Back boat in, climb from dock to truck bumper. Disengage lock on winch, let boat slide back (watch for the swinging handle). Remove hook, back boat away from trailer, pull out and park truck. I never touch a drop of water in the process.