Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow Weight Limit

Whitebluebu

Curious about the bow weight limit. Our family would like to add a 1000 pound open bow fat sac( Fly High) to the front of our 2014 23 lsv to optimize wake surfing wakes. We have the optional 750s in the rear lockers as well. Would it be okay to add 1000 pounds to the bow even if the weight limit is 500 pounds?

I have a bow sac and we fill it to the max as well as the PNP 750s in the rear lockers. We have it on top of the seat cushions... No problems... Over 600 hours since last year using this set up. Just have to be careful in busy waters to avoid the nose dunk.. We have a 2013 and your nose is probably a few inches farther off the water with the 2014 hull change... Should be no issue for you.

Edited by BlackBluMalibu

I have a bow sac and we fill it to the max as well as the PNP 750s in the rear lockers. We have it on top of the seat cushions... No problems... Over 600 hours since last year using this set up. Just have to be careful in busy waters to avoid the nose dunk.. We have a 2013 and your nose is probably a few inches farther off the water with the 2014 hull change... Should be no issue for you.

600 hours?!? Sweet fancy Moses!

+1 on the bow sac. Ran a half ton today. No issues

Yeah we use our boat a lot. Will put another 10 hours tomorrow and will have over 675 hours after September 15 as we'll be on the water for 10 days starting the 5th. Looking forward to it!

Edited by BlackBluMalibu

Yeah we yes our boat a lot. Will put another 10 hours tomorrow and will have over 675 hours after September 15 as we'll be on the water for 10 days starting the 5th. Looking forward to it!

Good for you man. Get the most out of that warranty!

• Like 3

Yeah we yes our boat a lot. Will put another 10 hours tomorrow and will have over 675 hours after September 15 as we'll be on the water for 10 days starting the 5th. Looking forward to it!

Oh, I just thought that you don't winterize your boat, you just let it idle all winter to stay warm.

• Like 2

I do, but these new lsvs run a** high empty, just watch the rollers and stop before you turn around . Some times the rider has to wait. I think they ride more bow low than the old the old LSV some people think no bow weight , but I have not seen as good of a surf wave.

You put 10 hours on the engine in one day!? That's 10 hours of the engine running, no stopping to turn it off and sit and swim, etc? That's a lot of gas!