Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 LSV HARD TO START ON THE WATER

So my 2004 23 LSv fires up just fine on the trailer however whenever it's in the water it really really tries hard to start. By hard starting I mean that it turns over really slow "glug glug glug" then it finally starts up. Now whenever I go on the boat even if were just swimming off of the platform I just leave it running in fear that it won't restart. Any insight on this problem would be greatly appreciated thanks

Edited by jagger

It is harder to turn over a hot engine. That is why your boat starts up when it is fresh off the trailer, and not so much after it has heated up. I would suspect anything from the batteries to the starter. Check for tight connections and charge the batteries. Also make sure the alternator is ok. If I were a betting man, I would bet on a poor connection.

It is harder to turn over a hot engine. That is why your boat starts up when it is fresh off the trailer, and not so much after it has heated up. I would suspect anything from the batteries to the starter. Check for tight connections and charge the batteries. Also make sure the alternator is ok. If I were a betting man, I would bet on a poor connection.

Along the same lines as skyskier I would think that the heat is affecting your starter and the fixes could be rebuilding or racing the starter. Get your battery tested, new battery with more cranking amps could be very helpful.