Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Leg Question

jetskipro550

I have the old school wedge 1 with the flat foil and huge pin/cotter pin setup. It was busted last season and now I only have one good leg. A crew member will sell me one of his legs but his wedge is the push-pin style wedge with the flat foil. I think that it should work just find with mine since they use the same mounting plate. Can someone confrim that it will either work or not work? If it does fit with mine I am going to buy it and I will have a wedge again! Yahoo.gif

I have the old school wedge 1 with the flat foil and huge pin/cotter pin setup. It was busted last season and now I only have one good leg. A crew member will sell me one of his legs but his wedge is the push-pin style wedge with the flat foil. I think that it should work just find with mine since they use the same mounting plate. Can someone confrim that it will either work or not work? If it does fit with mine I am going to buy it and I will have a wedge again! Yahoo.gif

I would think the are very close, but the only way to be sure is to measure everything. Especially the hole to hole centers, and length.

Also, yours and mine have three bolts in the bottom holding the foil on, his may only have two.

I'm willing to bet that the hole for your large pin is much larger than the holes that are in the new style wedges with the spring pins. Also, good question about the number of holes and spacing for where the foil bolts to the wedge. Mayber offer the guy for you to buy it, try it, and if it doesn't work, you pay to ship it back to him?

I just got word that it should work. We might be doing something like what sunsetter95 did with his wedge and making it into the push-pin style so the size difference of the holes won't matter much.

I just got word that it should work. We might be doing something like what sunsetter95 did with his wedge and making it into the push-pin style so the size difference of the holes won't matter much.

If you decide to, I have a bunch of pics of the pieces and dimensions I made them to. Some close ups of the milled holes for the new pins also. The pins and the platform door were one of my best upgrades, besides the stereo, engine, lights, stewert's cup holders, dashboard and wiring, seat, tower speakers and housings, steering wheel, trailer, LG50...

I also found that one of the six bolts on my foil broke off. Everything stayed in place, TG... Shocking.gif

Stick to slaloming and you don't need the wedge Tease2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The wedge leg came earlier this week and while I was at home yesterday I hooked it up to the foil and its a perfect fit! As soon as finals are over and I move home I am going to find a machine shop that will make sure the foil is straight then I will hook it back up to the boat Yahoo.gif