Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

nautique SAN 230 vs. 23 lsv

Mr. Pink

The Malibu dealer he is thinking about buying from is going out if business.

At some point he is gonna have to go to the now competitor Malibu dealer for warranty work with a boat he didn't buy from them.

Anyone wanna guess where this is headed?

The Malibu dealer he is thinking about buying from is going out if business.

At some point he is gonna have to go to the now competitor Malibu dealer for warranty work with a boat he didn't buy from them.

Anyone wanna guess where this is headed?

I hear ya. And I agree it sounds problematic.

If I were in his shoes I'd find the nearest Mastercraft dealer and get an X-30 or Supra SC450... that is if he cares at all about 18 mph wakes (and he says he does).

UofM... Post a vid of your 230 at 18 mph. Here's the Bu at 18... (my old VLX)

2012 Malibu Wakesetter VLX - KIDS WAKE:

While the 230 may not be the flagship Nautique....the 23 lsv is not the flagship Malibu. The MXZ is the flagship Malibu but it doesn't appeal to everyone based on styling etc.

The 23LSV isn't the flagship? If that's the case, why is it getting yearly significant updates while the MXZ isn't? It easily outsells the MXZ (and I'm comparing the 23LSV vs 20/22/24MXZ) and is considered the top surf machine in the Malibu lineup, which also happens to be the current direction they are marketing towards.

The 23LSV isn't the flagship? If that's the case, why is it getting yearly significant updates while the MXZ isn't? It easily outsells the MXZ (and I'm comparing the 23LSV vs 20/22/24MXZ) and is considered the top surf machine in the Malibu lineup, which also happens to be the current direction they are marketing towards.

The mxz was new in 2012. The 24mxz was new in 2013 why in the heck would they need significant upgrades? I would also say the 247 is probably the best surf boat that I have surfed for malibu. Either way just because something sells more it doesn't mean it is a flagship or whatever you want to call it. Is the chevy malibu their flagship or is the corvette? Not as many people can/want to afford the corvette but you better believe it is their flagship car.

Also the reverse seating etc really just make the lsv a lot like the mxz and 247 inside along with the new 22vlx adding the same seating.

Edited by UofM_MXZ

The mxz was new in 2012. The 24mxz was new in 2013 why in the heck would they need significant upgrades? I would also say the 247 is probably the best surf boat that I have surfed for malibu. Either way just because something sells more it doesn't mean it is a flagship or whatever you want to call it. Is the chevy malibu their flagship or is the corvette? Not as many people can/want to afford the corvette but you better believe it is their flagship car.

Also the reverse seating etc really just make the lsv a lot like the mxz and 247 inside along with the new 22vlx adding the same seating.

May I be the first to say who cares? Or maybe I am the second.... :dontknow:

The MXZ wakeboards better and the LSV surfs better (however I have heard excellent things about the MXZ surf wave as well). Get whatever "flagship" fits your needs.

Malibu does some things better than nautique and vice versa.

In the end the OP will be happier with the better dealer relationship. Pick whichever dealer you KNOW is going to service you better long term and build a relationship with them. Can't tell you how important dealer relationship is with a new boat.

Edited by DocPhil

Please Help! I thought I had made a final decision. I am looking at purchasing a boat this week. I have taken them all out for a demo. I know I will be happy with either but question the unkown. I'm looking for you to maybe point out what I'm not thinking about. Here is my big concern: the malibu dealer I was working with that is 10 minutes from my house I just found out is no longer the dealer. They had a great reputation. There will be a new dealer but it is not known. There are rumors and if they are true they will now be 1 hr from my house and their reputation is either not known to not good. The nautique dealer is 10 minutes from my house and is known. I know many of you trailer your boat. I live on the lake and keep my current boat on a lift at the dock. Most people do not even own a trailer. I never have. Will not owning a trailer hurt me when it comes time for resale? I will need to purchase a trailer with malibu but not nautique. Will mainly be a family boat where kids wakeboard and parents surf with very little wakeboarding.

The current/ no longer malibu can service the boat for 1 year.

I would still keep Malibu in the running if you think it's the right boat for you; hopefully soon you know who the new dealer is. To make the assumption by others that another dealer will not take care of you is not valid. I bought my first Malibu VLX in 2009, the dealer closed shortly because of the economic downfall. In my case this took me to another NC dealer, Grandpa's Marine, who was in a different territory. They welcomed my business from day one and never hesitated to work on a boat that was not sold by them. I ended up with a dealer and service dept who are top notch, so much I ordered a new VLX in 2011. It can work out in your case too...having a good dealer is not brand specific. Good Luck!

• Like 2
Who cares about "flagship" or the 10 different ways to define it?

Pick the boat that works for you and your family and don't worry about the hype.

May I be the first to say who cares? Or maybe I am the second.... :dontknow:

You are the second, Doc. ;)

I don't know why this matters.

I would still keep Malibu in the running if you think it's the right boat for you; hopefully soon you know who the new dealer is. To make the assumption by others that another dealer will not take care of you is not valid. I bought my first Malibu VLX in 2009, the dealer closed shortly because of the economic downfall. In my case this took me to another NC dealer, Grandpa's Marine, who was in a different territory. They welcomed my business from day one and never hesitated to work on a boat that was not sold by them. I ended up with a dealer and service dept who are top notch, so much I ordered a new VLX in 2011. It can work out in your case too...having a good dealer is not brand specific. Good Luck!

assuming the dealer WON'T take care of you is not valid but assuming they WILL is also not valid

But you are correct, ET, the new Bu dealer could be the cat's pajamas