Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Christmas came early...my Evo Cover showed up today!

rwg67

The lead-time was a little long, but it was worth it. This is the first high quality cover I purchased for any of my boats. It is well made, fits perfectly, easy to instal, and worth every penny. Mad props to Cory Anderson of Evolution Covers.

Hope this photo link works: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rgraffis/15048033742/

Edited by rwg67
  • Like 2

I know I love mine. No joke I got my brand new cover installed for the first time preparing for a 4 hour tow. 15 minutes after I got it on we had a huge torrential downpour. I took video and sent it to Cory, it was impressive.

• Like 1

I know I love mine. No joke I got my brand new cover installed for the first time preparing for a 4 hour tow. 15 minutes after I got it on we had a huge torrential downpour. I took video and sent it to Cory, it was impressive.

I don't even need to see the video... I know exactly what you saw... huge beads of water rolling off like marbles!

It's an amazing site!

Note to nyryan2001... I have no emotional connection to this product or any other. I am a robot.

• Like 2

I actually contacted Cory for my last 2 boats, he didn't have mine fitted else I'd have one too.

Ryan... how is it possible that you responded to this thread less than 10 mins after I inserted your name? It's like you have ESP!

On a serious note, sometimes I do wish we could "tag" eachother in threads. It would be nice to get/give notifications without having to "quote" that person. I'd be poking Afun 24x7!

(see... w/out this feature Afun has no clue we're talking about him!).

Damn... you got me! I forgot that you read everything. No tags needed!! :biggrin:

Everything...even the threads when the confusing Engineers start debating about, Cams, Torque, WOT, CARB, Specs, Blocks, etc

I also got my Evo cover earlier this year and love it. Was on holidays for a couple of weeks and parked at the local marina so every time it rained I would go down just to be sure it was not pooling anywhere. I had a grin on my face every time I went down to see about 15 guys sweeping there's off and readjusting tension while mine was perfect and the water just beaded off. I had to sit there for a few minutes just to watch and kind of rub it in. It rained about three times while we were on holidays, so the way I look at it is Cory saved me approx. 3 hours of my time messing with the cover and tightening it which translates into a lot of Rum drinking!

Ryan... how is it possible that you responded to this thread less than 10 mins after I inserted your name? It's like you have ESP!

On a serious note, sometimes I do wish we could "tag" eachother in threads. It would be nice to get/give notifications without having to "quote" that person. I'd be poking Afun 24x7!

(see... w/out this feature Afun has no clue we're talking about him!).

I bet he continually uses the search tool for this. ;)

I have storage for my boat, but it's in the drive as of today. Checked the weather and it has an 80% chance of rain on Saturday...I can hardly wait to test the new cover. :)

• Like 1

So I've seen a bunch of you guys postin about how great these covers are, but there is very little information about them on his website. How exactly do they attach to the boat? Is the whole bottom edge a bungee/spandex like material that grabs the hull? Is the entire cover a stretch material or is it just so well made on the pattern that you dont need props in the center of the boat to keep from pooling? I'm currently have a cover with plastic clip tie down straps so I'm just trying to understand how this cover works.

No bungee or spandex. Just Sunbrella with a drawstring made of like paracord (about that diameter) plus about 5 "hooks" on each side that Velcro in place to the cover & secure under the rub rail. Really simple & works great.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Evolution makes the best cover period for travel as well in my opinion. Just be prepared to wait as you have to order and there is a 4 Month wait for it. Worth it though

• Like 2