Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar New HP Marketing #'s

Brian Young

the engine page is full of errors.. 6.0, 6.2 all mixed in the list and details. Let's hope the qc on the engines is better ;-)

Those numbers were chosen by Malibu to represent the various engines. As was mentioned earlier, they do not necessarily represent the horsepower of the engine.

Those numbers were chosen by Malibu to represent the various engines. As was mentioned earlier, they do not necessarily represent the horsepower of the engine.

Thanks for clearing that up Larry. What are the rated HP for the engines? This is always a hot topic.

Thanks for clearing that up Larry. What are the rated HP for the engines? This is always a hot topic.

Indmar does not post rated horsepower but if you go to the GM marine engine webpage, you will find the horsepower and torque ratings for all GM marine engines.

Okay, then the obvious question is, what do the numbers represent?

Your post implies they are just randomly selected.

Indmar has chosen to market the Torque numbers as of now. I was told this about two weeks ago . I would assume that the new numbering logic follows peak torque output.

It would appear that the engines previously called 350 and 409 have the same amount of torque up to 3000 RPM. The 350 may even have more torque at lower RPM. After that they start to separate. Please discuss.

Indmar has chosen to market the Torque numbers as of now. I was told this about two weeks ago . I would assume that the new numbering logic follows peak torque output.

Apparently there will be an upcoming announcement made to explain Indmar using torque numbers for their engines going forward. The numbers questioned by the OP are marketing numbers created by Malibu.

I can understand that, but where do they publish the torque numbers?

They wont have to publish them, they will be part of the engine moniker from this point on......from what I am told anyways .

I can easily see the LSA throwing down 572 ft lbs. That's an easy feat with that much displacement and a huffer.

They wont have to publish them, they will be part of the engine moniker from this point on......from what I am told anyways .

I can easily see the LSA throwing down 572 ft lbs. That's an easy feat with that much displacement and a huffer.

Makes some sense. Except that the Monsoon 350 is supposed to have 370 ft lbs. Then it should be branded the Monsoon 370 ss. I am not being a d!@k. Just trying to understand what the numbers actually represent.