Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Problem With Error Code Spn:4238 Fuel Trim Short

I have a 2017 23 LSV with the 6.2L motor.  I got a similar system alarm that said:

"OXYGEN B FUEL TRIM HIGH (SHORT-TERM, BANK 1)

SPN:4238 FMI:0"

My dealer has had a bunch of these and just called me back after confirming that the catalyst is gone out of both J-pipes and that is what generated the (similar) code on my boat.  She said it was covered under warranty.

Hope this helps someone!

• 11 months later...
On 6/19/2017 at 4:19 AM, EricZ28 said:

I just had "Oxygen B Fuel Trim High(Short-Term, Bank 1) SPN:4238 FMI:0" on my 2017 VLX21 with the 410. I had it serviced with the 10-20 hour service and the dealer changed an O2 sensor, which fixed it. 

The verbiage isn't the same as yours, but it's the same SPN if that counts for anything. 

Which O2 sensor did the dealer replace Eric? I have a 2017 23LSV with the 450 and the same code verbatim. Thank you.

• 7 months later...
On 8/26/2014 at 10:34 AM, oldjeep said:

Hi @oldjeep On my search for more information regarding a SPN 4238 FMI 0 Fuel trim short error I have been trying to find the source of this link but it seems to be broken. Are you able to assist with a revised/updated link to the same content? Thanks in advance. 

3 minutes ago, tedshred said:

Hi @oldjeep On my search for more information regarding a SPN 4238 FMI 0 Fuel trim short error I have been trying to find the source of this link but it seems to be broken. Are you able to assist with a revised/updated link to the same content? Thanks in advance. 

Unfortunately that thread is 7 years ago.  No idea what the link would have been for.

25 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

@Eagleboy99 Thanks. Most excellent! I didn't even think to ask Google for some cache magic! It may even be worth a repost......