Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much to pay to instal new skins from Chee?

rwg67

I have received my new skins from Chee and they look great. Would like to get feedback from the Crew as to what is a reasonable cost range to have my interior redone by a shop this winter. I am willing to remove all the interior and drop off at the shop and reinstall them myself once complete. Will be removing and replacing the carpet while skins are being replaced. Thanks for your feedback in advance.

I took out all the seats and panels. i removed 95% of all the staples myself, leaving just a few to keep the skin on.

note, i have far less pieces than you would.. But i have that monster motor box of an inboard.

Anyway, they steamed the foam to get life back into it, added some foam to some seats. They came out great.

Local guy charged me $800. He wasn't the cheapest, but he came highly recommend. I was very happy

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34949-box-of-skins-arrived-from-chee/

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35699-seats-are-done-pics-of-course/page-2

I had it done for $1000ish. That was just for the vinyl install. I took out and brought all the pieces to the shop and did the reinstall myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had it done for $1000ish. That was just for the vinyl install. I took out and brought all the pieces to the shop and did the reinstall myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. This gives me a data point.

• 2 months later...