Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing fins

evanlaczi

Hey just getting into Wakesurfing having fun with it nice wake with fat sacs and wedge able to get the board to push can pump and go ropless for a fee seconds then lose it. Would longer find help? I have a tusanami board and two one inch fins. Looking at some 4 inches on ebay. Woukd longer fins give me more push? Or more drive. Just wanna be able to ride no rope I have a skin style board

the fins will help with tracking and board control, not the speed or push of the board. Push is generally a term used to describe the wave. Your speed will come from the shape of the board and the technique used to pump the board against the wave generate your momentum.

more advanced riders are using smaller fins if any.

• Like 1

Hey just getting into Wakesurfing having fun with it nice wake with fat sacs and wedge able to get the board to push can pump and go ropless for a fee seconds then lose it. Would longer find help? I have a tusanami board and two one inch fins. Looking at some 4 inches on ebay. Woukd longer fins give me more push? Or more drive. Just wanna be able to ride no rope I have a skin style board

I don't think the longer fins are going to help you. The tsunami is a good board but we typically ride it with a bigger then your going to get with your response. In short, I think things are going to work for you after you practice some more. Especially with that board you will want your toes close to the edge.

An often overlooked trick to gain speed is just to pick up the heel on your back foot like your standing tip toe.

Have fun!

Short answer is, it depends.

Longer board will help you stay in the wave, but you will sacrifice speed and maneuverability. Shorter boards will cut and carve more aggressively but you will have to work much harder to stay in the wave.

I say start watching videos for some technique and practicing, you can post videos and ask for come feedback