Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Insurance Policy on Board

Chad R

What is everyones take on putting a copy of your Insurance policy on the boat. In the past I have always kept the policy at home. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I keep a copy of mine in the boat with the registration. I always know were to find it. I have not heard if this is a legal requirement, but I would not be surprised. There seems to be laws about everything these days.

In what situation would you need to have your boats insurance policy with you?

Boat sinks, no use.

Boat is stollen, no use.

You're in a traffic accident and boat gets messed up. Don't think you'd need it here.

Boat gets stuff stollen off of it - you call insurance company.

Maybe if you hit someone or something with your boat???

I don't think it's a bad idea, just not sure if it's practicle.

In what situation would you need to have your boats insurance policy with you?

Boat sinks, no use.

Boat is stollen, no use.

You're in a traffic accident and boat gets messed up. Don't think you'd need it here.

Boat gets stuff stollen off of it - you call insurance company.

Maybe if you hit someone or something with your boat???

I don't think it's a bad idea, just not sure if it's practicle.

I just keep a piece of paper with my insurer's phone number and my policy number in case anything goes wrong while I am on the boat.

I'm trying to get rid of things in the boat. All the reasons chathamsolutions pointed out and more are why I don't need insurance info with me. Keep it in the tow rig.

I'm trying to get rid of things in the boat. All the reasons chathamsolutions pointed out and more are why I don't need insurance info with me. Keep it in the tow rig.

This is what we do also.

I would recommend reading the policy cover to cover instead of spending time finding a place to put it.

BTW: You can request a copy of the policy anytime you wish. You can also request a certified copy anytime you wish along with the dec page.