Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I think I have my SV23 fairly dialed in...

Nitrousbird

Today's setup (all Fly High sacks):

- Port 1100 bag as full as it would get in the locker...we will call it 900lbs

- Port under seat bag, probably 375lbs

- Ski locker bag, about 500lbs

- Bow bag, about 300lbs

- 100lb lead in the bow port storage pocket area

- 100lb lead sitting on the rear port seat

- ~100lb wife and 40lb kid on the observer seat

- ~325lb driver (big dude...would have looked even better with my wife driving I'm sure)

- Floating Wedge, top bump stop.

- I went from 9.8MPH - 10.5 MPH...10.2 - 10.5 seemed to be the best.

Pics were taken with my wife in the observer seat. At rest, rub rail was a couple inches above the water, running the back rub rail was in the water. I'm 6'3" with long legs, so no wake is going to look waist high on me. No exposed bags anywhere, rear port seat lead could have been hidden if I needed it out of the way.

IMG_0770_zpsz7x4m8bo.jpg

Riding the Broadcast my buddy bought to learn on - I wanted to show him me riding it behind the boat. He took to it very well; he has tried surfing several times and today was the first time he was successful (and got up every time on his own).

I should mention this is around 3pm and glass everywhere. :) Maybe 2-3 other boats in the wake zone. I also got to try out my new pump configuration where it drains out the vent ports instead of under the boat...works perfectly and I'm very pleased with the results.

Edited by Nitrousbird
  • Like 2

Looks good.

I just posted about tweaking the wave with a gate, have you messed with yours much?

I dont have any real good pics but in this one we have about the same weight because we have more people on board.

no gate

port rear 550 full

port under seat 325-350

port front/side under seat 325-350

ski locker 350-375

front bow under seat 325-350

manual wedge

We usually have someone on the sunpad manning the rope, we had 3 more people in the port seats weighing about 400lbs total, and a 215lb driver. You can see the last couple feet of the rub rail is under while under way in the pic. I'm 6ft

post-5050-0-27908700-1408842030_thumb.jp