Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sharing the Stoke

-BS-

go pro time.

Front side board slide is coming along nicely. Airs are really consistent now......consistently an inch off the wave :lol: Riding with a knee down is dialed and using the whole wave much more than I used to.

And if it looks like I am grabbing straws, I am. :lol:

Oh, heres one! I can finally make the perfect ribs. They turn out every time.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 2

I'll take a puff on the Stoke Pipe and pass it along.

So for starters, I got my 21 month old son, Austin, up on a surf board which took a ridiculous amount of convincing my wife, my mother and my sister who were all on the boat. Needless to say, we got up on our first try and he is hooked. It is hard to keep him in the boat when I surf. Next, my wife could not be happier with our surf wake after the addition of the RmsH Custom Murfgate. She could not stop smiling the whole time she was surfing. And last but not least, I've got to attribute some on my stoke to BS for turing me on to the CWB Tsunami board. It like my AMEX, I don't leave home without it.

Not much for tricks at this point, just diggin the whole expereince and makin memories with friends and famlies.

buddy_zpsc81dedb9.jpg

ssurf_zpsc4c3c4bb.jpg

murfgate_zps7366da03.png

shreddin_zps15ed1479.jpg

group_zps751fde3a.jpg

Edited by Murphy8166
  • Like 4
ahopkins22LSV

I have actually set multiple personal bests this year skiing. First time in a long time I have done that. I have also made more progress this year then I have in the last three years. Hopefully it all comes together at the tournament tomorrow.

Oh....... You meant surfing accomplishments lol...

I also turned my first 360. Was very slow and not smooth but made it all the way around. Also completed a few wake transfers. Have video of both somewhere.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2

">http://3B56C20B-82D5-40E2-9400-9D9C273805C0.jpg

">http://1B80050D-85D3-41BD-9161-92B380DFDC6C.jpg

Guess I can't complain too much. These were taken 8 weeks after hip replacement surgery. My doc is an ocean surfer and he asked for pics and these are what I sent him.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

I'll start on the wakeboarding stoke...this year so far TS Frontroll, tantrum 2fakie, and switch tantrum. Man that tantrum 2 fakie is a fun trick!

Murph really sad I couldn't join you guys in BB last weekend :( my wife is prego with our first and gonna pop any day now, my boarding is about to come to a huge hault for awhile...

Edited by t a

I'll start on the wakeboarding stoke...this year so far TS Frontroll, tantrum 2fakie, and switch tantrum. Man that tantrum 2 fakie is a fun trick!

Murph really sad I couldn't join you guys in BB last weekend :( my wife is prego with our first and gonna pop any day now, my boarding is about to come to a huge hault for awhile...

Austin was born 10/1 and by June 1 - he was on the boat for 4-5 hours at a time. You wont have to hang it up for that long! He's 22 months and throws a fit when he have to get off the boat.

Just this weekend we got a friends family out with us, we are both busy and been trying to do this for a while now, actually got the guy up on the surfboard ropless for seconds (said he wasn't going to to get on it at all) and got his wife to try it. I got both kids on the surfboard with me, they were smiling all weekend and we had to hear how much better the guy did then his wife all weekend :biggrin: . Had a great time with friends.

I have been on the ski alot more this year then I have in a while and love it, just cant seem to get the hang of the course thou.

• Like 1

A friend invited me to ski at their slalom lakes today, which average about four feet deep. According to his Malibu's dash the air was 104 and the water was 96. That's the first time I know that I have skied with water plus air equal to 200 degrees.

Stoked!

A buddy and I rented a boat in Orlando (a nautique) a few summers ago to ride, it was so hot and HUMID, it wasn't even enjoyable. The lake water was like falling in a spa. You would fall hoping for relief, but it was worse in the water than out. Not Stoked! But stoked to ride in FL :)

Edited by wakebrdr94

This might be a repeat for some, but I've wanted to do a 360 shuv it ever since I landed my first regular shuv. It took me hours of trying, but I did it!

• Like 4

A buddy and I rented a boat in Orlando (a nautique) a few summers ago to ride, it was so hot and HUMID, it wasn't even enjoyable. The lake water was like falling in a spa. You would fall hoping for relief, but it was worse in the water than out. Not Stoked! But stoked to ride in FL :)

I'm telling you guys, if you can't seriously picture bringing Mr. Bubble with you, the water's too cold!

Click02-1121-company.jpg