Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally got the windows tinted

CJAY

I think I have seen more pictures of this boat besides martinarchers.

I was thinking of THTROG's boat. Sorry.

Edited by Mrsamman
  • Like 1

I am fighting with myself on this one. I want them tinted but I am out in the evenings often and think that I may regret it. My boat is all black so it would look sooooo good.

I was in the same situation however my boat already had some really dark tints when I bought it. They looked really good however I couldn't see in front of the boat at all especially in during evening hours. I was of the opinion that I was only seeing half the lake which so we decided to remove them and I'm happy I did so. Much easier picking up my downed rider.

Keep in mind I'm an older guy (54) and that I tend to be less patient these days with things that are annoyances vs. looking cool...

20%? What did they charge? May be an off season job.

Yeah it's 20%, charged $250. Guy said he loved tinting the boat, was liek the windows were designed with tinting in mind, he had done a G23 the night before and said it was hell

Yeah we don't do a ton of night driving, but I also was a little worried. I think I'll just use the bolster and look over the window at night. We head to powell in 3 weeks and that's when we will be doing more night driving, so we shall see. The big issue with night driving is the light from the malivue blinding you while driving

Powell is another reason we did it, that powell sun is hell on a black dash. This should keep the sun form beating up the dash now, and it will keep the inside of the boat cooler by deflecting some of the sun through the window

Edited by CJAY