Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can you still order a 21VLX or it is just dead ?

smooky

Hi Guys,

Do you think it is still possible to order a brand new VLX 21 ? it looks like you can still built it on the website.

Reason I'm asking that, is because 22ft will be too big for my docking.

And I don't really wish to go for a 20ft. Of course I can go with a 2013 or 2014 used boat, but for this price I prefer to spend a little more and built the boat the way I want it to be.

Thanks a lot for your comments

Edited by smooky

The 21 VLX is actually 21'6" so does the last 6" make a difference and if so some dealers are still holding onto 2014 stock, may not be exactly what you want but I am sure you can get a great deal on one since it is going to be discontinued and they are gearing up for the 2015's.

My dealer is sitting on 3 right now.

http://www.greatwakesboating.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp

Didn't realize you were in Switzerland shipping might be an issue.

Edited by jb 156

@ jb 156 : thanks a lot, and your right shipping could be an issue, but the main issue will be the gas and exhaust noise restriction in Switzerland. I know a new boat requires some modification in order to be approved for Swiss registration. So a stock boat in USA is not a possibility for me and it's a real shame.

About the 22, yes it will make a big difference, because it is wider and longer and I'm already a bit over the maximum size, so for sure a 22 will not work :-(

BTW, just got the answer from my dealer, the 21VLX is not anymore available for a new order. I'm a little bit late with the order and I can only blame myself. s*** !

With that gel coat pattern a wrap would look great or it wouldn't be hard to change it if you have a good gel coat shop.

I was thinking about the gel coat shop, but I don't know if there's somebody doing that in Switzerland. Is a paint shop (for car) able to do it as well, or it is not recommendable ?

Edited by smooky

well, then a Supra SC, Mastercraft X-10 or a Nautique G21 ;-)

For me, Malibu is the best boat in the industry, so I will not go with another brand, even if it can meet my criteria. I prefer to stay with my current Vride in this case.

I was thinking about the gel coat shop, but I don't know if there's somebody doing that in Switzerland. Is a paint shop (for car) able to do it as well, or it is not recommendable ?

I will let someone else chime in on this (about an auto painter) but talk to your dealer, surely they know someone, or do gel coat work themselves.

@ jb 156 : thanks a lot, and your right shipping could be an issue, but the main issue will be the gas and exhaust noise restriction in Switzerland. I know a new boat requires some modification in order to be approved for Swiss registration. So a stock boat in USA is not a possibility for me and it's a real shame.

About the 22, yes it will make a big difference, because it is wider and longer and I'm already a bit over the maximum size, so for sure a 22 will not work :-(

BTW, just got the answer from my dealer, the 21VLX is not anymore available for a new order. I'm a little bit late with the order and I can only blame myself. s*** !

Hi Smooky,

I am also in Switzerland, and there was a post on here a month or so ago, from a guy ('Sam') who imported a 23LSV into Switzerland. It seems he had no issue getting it CE marked, but suffered from the local dealers refusing to carry out warranty work.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50652-reliability-problems-and-extremely-poor-service/

If you can convince your local dealer to carry out the work, the CE mark and the noise regs may be easy to pass.

Cheers

OneCent, it is actually my dealer, but the color choice is just the most boring I have ever seen...

sorry you don't like the color as this is MY boat. We can still wrap it for you with Stefan the dealer :-))

sorry you don't like the color as this is MY boat. We can still wrap it for you with Stefan the dealer :-))

Pictures look like you're based in Villeneuve. Close to me in Montreux. Are you upgrading to a different boat, or just getting out of it completely?

randv,

it was exactly my thoughts about importing a boat. Really doesn't wroth it, if it will be a pain in the neck.

I'm in touch with 2008vlx, and we are trying to sort out a solution for the color scheme.

Pictures look like you're based in Villeneuve. Close to me in Montreux. Are you upgrading to a different boat, or just getting out of it completely?

Yes my boat is in Villeneuve. What boat do you have so i will recognize you on the lake?

From 2008, i have changed my VLX every year (so it's my 7th VLX). I must admit tha i have no children, so a little bit more money to spend ont the boat. I will certainly upgrade on the 22, but the 21 is enough for me.