Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water spot removal-easy with these!

Dan2060

Hey guys,

My wife went to a girls cleaning party and came home with these amazing car/boat polishing clothes that remove hard water spots with water and a cloth and a polishing clothes. We now use them throughout the season and put a little Lucas speedwax for waxing and the boat shines. So easy and no chemicals, water only. The clothes don't strip wax either. We were using vinegar before this and it worked well, but smelled and I believe it strips the wax off.

Check out the video. This will make your boat ownership so much easier and enjoyable.

If there're abrasive enought to take of water spots with just water they will probably scratch the gel coat.

I agree, they have to be a micro abrasive. Not sure about how much wear they will cause the gelcoat each application but it has to be a great deal more than a terry cloth or microfiber

I thought the same thing about scratching, but they are actually a more "fine" microfiber than regular. Guys use them on their show cars, supposedly they don't remove the wax. You can use the stuff and pour water on the gelcoat and it will still bead up.

They make different clothes and she first showed them to me by wiping butter on our windows. She then put water on a cloth, wiped it and then polished. No streaks, clean as can be. I swear they are like the mister clean magic erasers, which work, but they seem like voodoo. With those particular clothes, they can't be used on tint, but they make a glass polishing one that can be used on tint.

Here is what the info says:

"at 1/200th the size of a human hair, these microfiber clothes are one of the most innovative in the cleaning industry today" " lifts dirt, grease and grime up into the cloth and off the surface"

You kept writing clothes instead of cloths, I was worried that this might be one of 'those' threads. I thought your wife was going to take her clothes off.

My wife has been using Norwex for everything. She is a believer. And yup, a lady came to our house to have one of those parties and she smeared peanut butter on the clock in our living room, then wiped it clean with her cloth quite quickly. I bet I could get a group buy going for less. I never even thought about using it on the boat, my wife would think it was about time I appreciated their beauty. I think I will try this out. They feel very fine and soft, I don't think there is any abrasiveness to it, but there is supposedly some sort of silver in it?

Thanks, Dan, for the the heads up!

Edited by TallRedRider

I own the Norwex brand cloths. Awesome. This is the ONLY way to clean glass imho. Crystal clear, streak free no chemicals. I havent tried them on hardwater spots though I doubt very much they will noticeably scratch your boat.

Yes, this is norwex. We use them for everything now. We liked them so much that my wife is now a distributor. If your interested, PM me and I will get you details. The prices are competitive with any online store and we will ship free. They also have a washing mitt, that rocks.

We have some car collectors that just love the heck out of them.

Wow. I never thought to use these on the boat. My wife bought some several months ago and I was skeptical, thinking that she got swept up in a magical presentation at this party. But I have to say that these things do seem magical. I especially like using them on my car windows because I hate having those streaks that can be so noticeable at dusk/dawn. Wipe down with the damp one (they tell you which one to get wet) and polish with the dry one. My wife said something about the kitchen wash cloth having silver in it, which keeps it from starting to stink. I don't care how well you rinse out a "normal" kitchen washcloth and hang it up to dry, it'll get that nasty smell within a couple of days. These Norwex ones DON'T. I think the one for the kitchen is different from the wet/cleaning and dry/polishing ones so maybe only the kitchen ones have the silver to eliminate the smell? They look/feel different. So anyway, thanks for the post. Can't wait to try them on the boat!

I hate buying products through MLM or parties, but it looks like these are just microfiber towels and I with a quick search I found something that claims to be the same thing for 1/2 the price.

http://eclothusa.com/All-Products/General-Purpose-Cloth.html

I would be interested in trying these out. I usually buy the bulk microfiber towel bundles at Sam's Club. I think they are around $20 for 30 towels?? I have some finer microfiber ones I picked up elsewhere for the glass and the mirrors.

I don't know about e clothes. So give it a try and let us know. I'm all for saving a buck.

I've used the norwex and know they work. I've been approached by hundreds of mlm and I'm like you. No go. However, these work, we use them for all our cleaning.

Being a boat owner and clean freak, I thought they would benefit everyone. I don't care if you get them through me or somewhere else. Just trying to help out a fellow boater.

• Like 1

Wow. I never thought to use these on the boat. My wife bought some several months ago and I was skeptical, thinking that she got swept up in a magical presentation at this party. But I have to say that these things do seem magical. I especially like using them on my car windows because I hate having those streaks that can be so noticeable at dusk/dawn. Wipe down with the damp one (they tell you which one to get wet) and polish with the dry one. My wife said something about the kitchen wash cloth having silver in it, which keeps it from starting to stink. I don't care how well you rinse out a "normal" kitchen washcloth and hang it up to dry, it'll get that nasty smell within a couple of days. These Norwex ones DON'T. I think the one for the kitchen is different from the wet/cleaning and dry/polishing ones so maybe only the kitchen ones have the silver to eliminate the smell? They look/feel different. So anyway, thanks for the post. Can't wait to try them on the boat!

If you work at it, they can start to stink too. But it takes much longer than an ordinary kitchen rag.

My wife boiled her Norwex cloths and now they are as good as new.

I have always struggled with what to use on the windows, Rainex, Boat bling or some good old window cleaner. I have always been a little dissatisfied. Norwex is up next. Can't believe my wife hasn't tried to make me use them, she has even recommended essential oils for the boat. She seems to be an MLM magnet.

Hey, look at this killer product everyone should have!

oh, by the way I am a dealer, but I am not trying to generate sales or anything by posting this.

It doesn't really matter what you say your intentions are, that^^^ is what you did, which is spam and its lame.

Look at it how you want. My wife is a dealer and I told her that these might be good for other boaters. If it's spam, its spam. Look into them yourself, you can get them online or with your wife's friend, doesn't matter. Hope this info helps some of you. For others, no worries, still living the lake life regardless of what you use to clean with. :salute:

I've always used Lime Away for hard water spots. It is so easy to use, wet boat down,apply to a sponge, sometimes spray the fiberglass and wipe once or twice, immediately hose off and all spots are gone. No hard rubbing involved. Used it on our 1989 Sunsetter for many, many years and the gel coat still looked new when we traded it for out VTX.

I have found that above the rub rail is easy. Can wipe it down with any kind of towel as long as you use some sort of speed gloss, hot sauce or other type of spray wax, once in a blue moon (I use it regularly). Below the rub rail and around the transom are the real test areas. And I'm not talkin about the fresh off the water 1" dried water circle water spots. I'm talking about the 1/8" round, built up calcified hard water spots. I'd bet 10:1 that those towels won't work on my below the rub rail water spots. I know for a fact that speed gloss, vinegar and distilled water, hot sauce and boat bright along with some serious elbow grease, doesn't touch em. I've got a feeling there's gonna be a buff job in my near future.

Man, I wish I could say. We use them all over and haven't had issues, but I've never had the water spots left on for more than a weekend. We always clean after a two to three day weekend on the lake. Anyone else have any experience with the clothe or anything else that might work? Lymeaway?

I use speed gloss after every outing but after two years of no wax, I am starting to get some stubborn water spots. Prolly should have waxed it at the end of last year but I didn't have any spots then. They just started to appear middle of this year.