Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Iphone5 Bluetooth connection

jloven

Can anyone tell me why I can't get my iphone5 to connect via the Bluetooth connection on our response TXI ? Everything looks to be set up correctly and Bluetooth is enabled on both devices. Also tried with the wife's iphone4 and even an iPod but no luck with any device. Any suggestions?

Shouldn't need an app to connect via Bluetooth. Can't really say why your TXi is having connectivity issues, but it sounds like a boat side issue vs. a device side issue, since multiple devices can't connect. My 5 has always been very reliable with the Bluetooth connection (except for one bad Jailbreak app I had back on iOS 6 which caused all sorts of Bluetooth issues).

I am pretty sure I had to download an app to sync to the Ninja boat...... <br /> <br />Medallion Perfect-Pull <br /> <br />Medallion-marine.png

<br /><br />Not needed to sync and play songs off phone, but needed to "transport" presets and related playlists from boat to boat. I don't have and have no problem syncing.

After a software update from the dealer we had no more problems syncing with either a iPhone 4 or 5 on our 2013 VTX. We have both phones and had problems prior to the update. Check with your dealer.

I have tried the app but it didn't make any difference. Emailed Medallion last fall but very little response and even less assistance. Is there a software update that can be installed that might help?