Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LWA SUCKS!

corpusmalibuguy

Does anyone else have Lightening Wakeboard Accessory Racks, or was I the only sucker in the group? If so, has anyone had issues with their board racks? I have had mine less than a year, and the straps have already broken, the rubber inserts come out every time you put a board up there and are already wearing down at the base. Everytime you touch them you get black crap all over your hands. These things are CRAP! I am tempted to call them up and ask them how they possibly can sell such crap. Has anyone else had such an experience with these racks? You would think that for over 400 dollars they would be a better product. I am replacing these the first chance I get.

Does anyone else have Lightening Wakeboard Accessory Racks, or was I the only sucker in the group? If so, has anyone had issues with their board racks? I have had mine less than a year, and the straps have already broken, the rubber inserts come out every time you put a board up there and are already wearing down at the base. Everytime you touch them you get black crap all over your hands. These things are CRAP! I am tempted to call them up and ask them how they possibly can sell such crap. Has anyone else had such an experience with these racks? You would think that for over 400 dollars they would be a better product. I am replacing these the first chance I get.

After that glowing praise, I hope you don't try selling them here. Go to that other site.

When I get rid of them, I will not even give them away............I will throw them away.

After that glowing praise, I hope you don't try selling them here. Go to that other site.

I am going to call them this week. Hopefully they will at least send me new rubber inserts. I figure that is the least they can do. I think I was in a bad mood when I wrote that earlier. I think I got it all out of my system now though. I am more curious to see if others have had the same problem.

I've got LWA board racks. I like them because they are low bling. Yes, the rubber did come out of one of my racks, but I got some heavy duty aircraft sealant to seal them in place.

I haven't had any issues with the bungees breaking.

If you consider selling them, PM me.

What aircraft sealant did you use? I might have to pick some up. I have tried gorilla glue and many others with no luck. The rubber pieces don't even look like they are the right size for the racks, almost as if someone just eyeballed it and cut them....totally awesome.

As a side note, I was actually glad the bungees broke because I couldn't fit a skurf board up there and now that I am using a bungee from home depot, they work alot better. I don't know if you have had the same experience or if you have even tried putting a skurf board up on them.