Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Option Survey...

1FootDan

Hi just out of curiousity, what is the most appreciate option on your Malibu and which one is in your opinion a wast of money?

Personnally;

Best is heater for cold days and drying off and WOM is the chrome pylon upgrade. It's not that it doesn't look good, but it is covered by the Skylon (in my case) ...

Edited by 1FootDan
Best: Perfect Pass

Worst: MSST

Out of curiosity, how much extra did the dealer charge for that? Have you compared with a Response without and do you see a difference what so ever?

IMO, the best would have to be a tie between the heater, PP for the pre-'06 boats (or skiers if you need the magnets) & a tower if you carry a lot of toys.

Worst would have to be any of the stainless stuff that is underwater (SS Wedge, SS running gear, etc). Even though our SS Wedge still looks brand new & is showing no wear whatsoever after almost 50 hours, it's under the freaking water. Absolutely no aesthetic value whatsoever when you're on the water.

IMO, the best would have to be a tie between the heater, PP for the pre-'06 boats (or skiers if you need the magnets) & a tower if you carry a lot of toys.

Worst would have to be any of the stainless stuff that is underwater (SS Wedge, SS running gear, etc). Even though our SS Wedge still looks brand new & is showing no wear whatsoever after almost 50 hours, it's under the freaking water. Absolutely no aesthetic value whatsoever when you're on the water.

So why did you get it ? Dontknow.gif

So why did you get it ? Dontknow.gif

Pretty sure she has the Power Wedge, and it automatically comes with it.

If you leave your boat in the water, SS Wedge and Plate are well worth the extra money. No corrosion.

Okay, for those of us that don't leave our boats in the water, how's that? :) And no, I don't have the Power Wedge. The stainless wedge was something that was thrown in by the dealer, we wouldn't have ordered it otherwise.

I think that this list probably needs to be qualified by how & where (as in what part of the country) you use your boat.

Edited by WakeGirl
Okay, for those of us that don't leave our boats in the water, how's that? :) And no, I don't have the Power Wedge. The stainless wedge was something that was thrown in by the dealer, we wouldn't have ordered it otherwise.

I think that this list probably needs to be qualified by how & where (as in what part of the country) you use your boat.

I'll trade you my very well maintained black wedge that will match your black plate for your SS Wedge. :)

Yep. Has to be Perfect Pass. Coolest invention ever made! I haven't found anything on the boat that was a complete waste of money yet. It's all required equipment if you ask me! Crazy.gif

I know that the speed control is now standard on Malibu's but I would have to say that some sort of cruise control has to be the best option/feature you could have! It is absolutely awesome to be able to pull someone at a constant speed...makes driving and riding so much more enjoyable IMO.

My friend has a 96 Nautique and has been thinking about adding a tower. I told him, after getting my boat and seeing how cool it is, to get PP installed first. I told him he would love it more than the tower!

Sorry about that. I thought I remembered you saying you did when people were discussing the speed rules with raising and lowering the PW.

The one thing about the PW being stainless. It does look a lot nicer when the boat is on the trailer. So I'd say that the people that put nice rims on their trailer and stuff like that, the Stainless wedge would be a option that you'd want. For people that don't need their boat to be flashy when it's just on a trailer, the Black wedge is just as good.

Edited by GoldschlagerVT

We use the heater alot in the Response!... I don't remember what I paid for it when I ordered the boat but it was worth every penny!... Thumbup.gif

Not sure if I am going to feel the same way about the heater on the Sanger since we don't seem to start as early in the beginning of the season and ski as late in the end of the season anymore, also they hit me up for 670$ Cry.gif

"Not worth the money" I agree with Wakegirl, any bling that you can't see!... :)

Have to agree with PP, Tower, Heater, Monsoon or HH as the "A" list options.

Docking lights was an option we bought that has been WOM IMO. Yes we've gone out late and never really used them over the last year.

I love my Power Wedge. Also very happy to have a depth finder since it was an option.

Docking lights and chrome pylon are pretty much money wasters imo.

Best

Perfect Pass all the time

Shower and heater (in that order) for the winter

Bimini, tower with racks for the summer

Worst

Chrome exhaust tips look cool but as Wakegirl mentioned, only can see them when the boat is out of the water.

Worst

Chrome exhaust tips look cool but as Wakegirl mentioned, only can see them when the boat is out of the water.

Which around here is 99% of the time.

Out of curiosity, how much extra did the dealer charge for that? Have you compared with a Response without and do you see a difference what so ever?

Don't actually have it. I just went down the list of options for an RLXi and thought that one would be the biggest WOM.

Perfect Pass = best

docking lights = WOM They look cool, but are useless.

Not so fast... We use our docking lights a lot in the late fall when the days are short. When we launch after dark and go to the houseboat they are a big help. :)

Edited by LS-One

One option that you really take for granted are the pullup cleats. Our older mastercraft didnt have cleats and it was pain to try and tie it up. One option that is really cool is the back-lit laster cut front step on the trailor. When its dark and your trailoring home it looks really bling.

The docking lights have been completely useless so far.

MSST was $250 when we ordered our 05, and yes I do notice a very small difference between my boat with and the one across the lake without when there is a small chop to the water. Was it worth it, ?, but its only a couple of cents added to the monthly payment.

Anything SS is worth not having to deal with the corrosion problem.