Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion tower bolts

smeagol

I have to take off the tower for winter storage. So, when I went to put it back on, I didn't remember that the two bolts on each side are different... one bolt is smooth and the other is corrogated. I think that either can go in either hole but I'm guessing that one is meant for the front hole and the other is meant for the back hole.

Maybe it will help if I ask the question differently. For those of you who fold down your illusion towers, is the rear bolt smooth, or is it fluted?

Logic would tell me that the front bolt would be smooth because you pivot on that bolt! But, I am just guessing, I have never lowered my tower.

Just like twrv said.

The smooth one in the rear has the recess at the tip so the spring loaded ball socket in the tower holds it in along with the outside ring being in a groove. kk...

post-574-1148355738_thumb.jpg

Does anyone else's tower look like it's wearing too much? Mine has less than 25 hrs so far on really rough Oklahoma water Mad.gif

So far it's been super quiet Thumbup.gif

post-574-1148356965_thumb.jpg