Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

favorite wakeboard/surf music

CedarLakeSkier

Since I'll be starting the season soon on our new boat, I thought I'd put together a playlist of great wakeboard/wakesurf tunes.

Any suggestions? I'll start the list

Haddaway - What is Love (Don't hurt me)

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Van Halen - Right Now

Donny Iris - Ah Leah

OK, you can probably guess my age from the tunes, but my kids love these too. My music tastes are actually more varied than this, but these just seem to have the right "feel"

Let's hear your favorites, maybe your top 3?

Edited by B_Potts

For Surfing We Play Surfing music, 60's style :)

D*** Dale and His Del-Tones

The Surfaris

The Ventures

Los Straitjackets

The Vara-tones

Los Mel-tones

The Lively Ones

Billy Strange

Jan & Dean

The Beach Boys

Our two favorites for surfing, or for a wakeboarder who has more of a surfing style:

Theme from Hawaii Five-O

Theme from Mission Impossible

Lots of fun.

If you want some high energy music look for a band called

Me 1st and the Gimme Gimme's

60's 70's and 80's covers and show tunes done to a Ska/punk beat.

5 min Simon and Garfunkle ballads done in 2:45.

Beach Boys-Gloria Gainer at high speed. If you don't land in the flats listining to this you never will.

They are a blast.

If you want some high energy music look for a band called

Me 1st and the Gimme Gimme's

60's 70's and 80's covers and show tunes done to a Ska/punk beat.

5 min Simon and Garfunkle ballads done in 2:45.

Beach Boys-Gloria Gainer at high speed. If you don't land in the flats listining to this you never will.

They are a blast.

Its a small world, one of my houseboat buddie's, son is their drummer (Me first and the Gimme, Gimme's) . He also plays for Lagwagon.

Edited by LS-One

Be sure to bring an external hard drive to the WOW with all your mp3s and we'll do some swappin.

I've got about 90gig on a Maxtor 250 that are all properly tagged and sorted

I've been known to blare a little Crystal Method before a set when I really want to get myself amped up before hitting the water. Great for those early mornings when the blood just doesn't want to flow. Gets the rhythm parts of the brain all firing. Otherwise Yellowcard, Fallout Boy, etc. Anything punky and high-energy.

Not sure for surfing. "Prison Sex" by Tool might be a good surfin tune. That's what's playing on my headphones right now though so that might have some influence. :)

Haddaway - What is Love (Don't hurt me)

Hahaha! I laughed out loud on this one, hahshshs! still dyin!

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

The first kneeboard we ever tried had a video called "Gotta Love to Crash" (or something like that). This song seems to fit, that's why it's on our playlist. Every time I hear it I think of the guys on Saturday night live bobbing their heads to the music though.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Now I need to find little clips of all these groups and their songs to see if I want to buy them or not.

This could take quite some time. If anyone has specific tunes they think are the "best of the best" feel free to post 'em

The ULTIMATE Top 3 are:

Notworthy.gif

American Bad A$$ - Kid Rock

Back in Black - AC/DC

She Hates Me - Puddle of Mud

Discussion # 1

Discussion # 2

Discussion # 3

This has been covered many times, so this might help you find some good riding/boating music!

Jetskipro,

Uggh!! I should learn to do a search before I post a new thread.

Thanks for the links to the other threads. Can I chalk it up to being a newbie on TheMalibuCrew site?

:blush:

Discussion # 1

Discussion # 2

Discussion # 3

This has been covered many times, so this might help you find some good riding/boating music!

Jetskipro,

Uggh!! I should learn to do a search before I post a new thread.

Thanks for the links to the other threads. Can I chalk it up to being a newbie on TheMalibuCrew site?

:blush:

That was last year. We need to know what's good this year. :)

I cant believe someone mentioned me first and the gimme gimmes on the malibucrew site. classic. I think I saw there first show at the dragonfly in los angeles, about 9 years ago or so. definitely good music for the boat.