Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Touching up an extreme trailer

Lance B. Johnson

What color is the trailer?

I ran a prop into my Navy Blue trailer getting the boat out of the water during a very nasty storm in Hell's Canyon a couple of years ago. I filed the area down, primed it with a metal spray paint, and then sprayed on two coats of a dark blue metal spray paint. It matched up real well. You can see the painted area only if you know where to look and look very closely.

My trailer is gloss black. I just picked up some Rustoleum Auto Paint (so, the same paint they sell in the $3.50 can for $5.50) and figured I could "fade it in" when I am touching up while I replace the bunk carpets.

That's the way is like to do it (spray can) but was hoping someone had already found a match. Contacting extreme had crossed my mind but then mixing the paint and spraying it becomes time consuming and expensive.

You can go to a paint and body supply store. They can scan the color and mix you a very close match. This is what we do when we don't have a paint code. Some even have the ability to put it in an aerosol can.

• 7 years later...

Sorry, I know this is a very old post, but I'm going through this same thing right now while replacing my axles and wanted to throw out what I found so the next person doesn't have the spend the morning on the phone.  Extreme Trailers won't ship paint because UPS requires a special permit.  but Cardinal paints in South El Monte, Ca. (626) 444-9274 Paint code is 6409-69960 EXTREME GREEN, does carry it and will ship.  It's sold only by the gallon, $100.10 each.  And shipping to Northern Nevada is $65.  So with all that said, my 15 year old green trailer is going to have black axles.