Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop swap

Randy

I have a 98 Sportster, I have a 13 x 13 stainless steel 3 blade in good shape. I would like to try running a 13 x 12 blade. Does anyone have one they might want to trade. I think the shaft is 1 1/8. Anyone willing to comment on their boat running different pitches. I can't get over 4400 rpm with the 13 x 13.5, and only 45oo rpm with the 13 x 13. So it's time to downsize again

2000 Sporty LX / 310 Carbie / Speeds per GPS

O.E. Prop was a 13 x 14 OJ Legend 4 Blade 50.8 MPH @ 4950 at WOT. Good hole shot, decent wake with fairly low turbulence.

Changed to 13 x 12 OJ XMP CNC'd 3 Blade 48.2 MPH @ 5000 at WOT. More hole shot than can be held on to... Biggrin.gif ...wake is slightly softer (about the same size) and slightly less turbulent.

I highly recommend a CNC'd 3 blade...Acme and OJ both make great props. You have some research to do and some decisions to make. :)

Well, here is the deal, I ran a 13 x 13 3 blade stainless that came with the boat, pulled about 45 mph at 4500 rpm, bought a brand new 13 x 13.5 4 blade cuttler stainless and run 44 mph at 4400 rpm, this prop runs very smooth. I am havinf some top end issues with my engine and don't know why, beleive me I have been trying everything. I have done everything that Indmar has suggested. I have a 310 hp vortec 350 GM block with a brand new holley carb. Has about 110 hours on it now.

The only thing left to do now is to try another prop.

To the person that has one for sale, could you pm me a price. Keep in mind I can get these new for just over cost. When I bought my 4 blade, I only paid 325$ Thanks everyone so far

I'm thinking you want your WOT to be closer to the top of the RPM range. In this case, a drop in pitch might get you more holeshot AND a bit more top end.