Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Rumors...

LakeOneSkier

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunriseH2OSkier

• 88Skier

• doughickey

• BlastRlxi

Maybe that top new top deck on the Lxi will be an option or sold under a different name like Sunsetter or Fatboy or something. Seems a little too early to make such a drastic change to a proven design.

VD Response, what's this world coming to?

Sounds like Malibu is stepping up and filling a hole in their lineup if this boat becomes reality. There are people out there who just have to have the V drive space but want great slalom performance. CC is after this with their 226 and its AWSA rating.

I also question how you could do this without putting a huge hump in the back. Maybe there isn't going to be a flat sunpad... Dontknow.gif

It might look something like this.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/forms/forum81...me=Mark_Gallant

Edited by 88Skier

Maybe that top new top deck on the Lxi will be an option or sold under a different name like Sunsetter or Fatboy or something. Seems a little too early to make such a drastic change to a proven design.

VD Response, what's this world coming to?

Sounds like Malibu is stepping up and filling a hole in their lineup if this boat becomes reality. There are people out there who just have to have the V drive space but want great slalom performance. CC is after this with their 226 and its AWSA rating.

I also question how you could do this without putting a huge hump in the back. Maybe there isn't going to be a flat sunpad... Dontknow.gif

It might look something like this.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/forms/forum81...me=Mark_Gallant

That'll sell a bunch.

Let's see, a 20' Wakesetter V-drive that's priced more than a V-ride? Well...that sure doesn't make any sense in the Northeast.

A deeper RLXi? No, that doesn't really either, but I'm sure there a owners that dip the bow, so that will help on that.

No, they haven't built my 20' Response V-Drive Slalom/Barefoot boat yet. They even took away the Sportster, my biggest seller behind the Response/RLXi.

:(

Hey Oz /Tom Sawyer - if they bring out a RLXV, any impact on your decision to jump to a Sanger?

Too late..just ordered the Sanger.

Here's the rumors i heard

new Response Lxi (a bit longer, a bit wider)

New sunscape/wakesetter 20'

New 247 Xti But backwards of the current one ( 2 u shaped seats)

new speakers

some sort of anniversary package

new motor with more hp than current big block cough500hpcough

Edited by motoring

Seems like most of the boat builders are making deeper, wider, longer, or just tubs IMO. I haven't seen anything thing in the last few years that I like better than what I have.

Seems like most of the boat builders are making deeper, wider, longer, or just tubs IMO. I haven't seen anything thing in the last few years that I like better than what I have.

I say "amen" to that!

I know I'm biased towards skiing and 2" wakes. My own rant:

The trend towards bigger/wider/deeper/heavier/louder (mega speaker systems) just confound me. Why does the rest of a waterway have to put up with 4' wakes that annialate the shoreline and just do wonders to boats moored against docks, and music that can be heard for miles whether others like it or not..... all so a dozen people in a Suburban-on-the-water can watch a person doing triple inverted back flips. Maybe not everyone gets a kick out of those folks having fun. Sure it's fun for a few..... but the rest of the lake suffers.

Sure the answer can be "It's everyone's lake... not breaking any laws.... etc etc etc", but to me, it's kind of selfish. "My fun, but at everyone else's expense."

So....yes I'm biased, but a small (ie Sportster/Response'ish) type of boat, doing 30+ mph, with 2" wakes, and no fatsacks, and no 500 watt music blaring seems to cause quite a bit less of an intrusion on other lake-side shorelines, boats, and people. In fact, I'm starting to resent the big boarding boats like I resent the PWC crowd..... you know, the ones that buzz around like mosquitos, never staying in a straight line, getting a big kick out of doing 360's and building big holes in the lake..... thinking everyone else is enjoying watching them have fun.

Imagine this. You are neither a skier or a wakeboarder. You just have a place on the water with a boat tied to your dock. Which kind of boat would you rather see/hear go by?

So..... I am looking forward to when the trend reverses, and we get to see the public wanting the smaller boats again.

Edited by doughickey

I say "amen" to that!

I know I'm biased towards skiing and 2" wakes. My own rant:

The trend towards bigger/wider/deeper/heavier/louder (mega speaker systems) just confound me. Why does the rest of a waterway have to put up with 4' wakes that annialate the shoreline and just do wonders to boats moored against docks, and music that can be heard for miles whether others like it or not..... all so a dozen people in a Suburban-on-the-water can watch a person doing triple inverted back flips. Maybe not everyone gets a kick out of those folks having fun. Sure it's fun for a few..... but the rest of the lake suffers.

Sure the answer can be "It's everyone's lake... not breaking any laws.... etc etc etc", but to me, it's kind of selfish. "My fun, but at everyone else's expense."

So....yes I'm biased, but a small (ie Sportster/Response'ish) type of boat, doing 30+ mph, with 2" wakes, and no fatsacks, and no 500 watt music blaring seems to cause quite a bit less of an intrusion on other lake-side shorelines, boats, and people. In fact, I'm starting to resent the big boarding boats like I resent the PWC crowd..... you know, the ones that buzz around like mosquitos, never staying in a straight line, getting a big kick out of doing 360's and building big holes in the lake..... thinking everyone else is enjoying watching them have fun.

Imagine this. You are neither a skier or a wakeboarder. You just have a place on the water with a boat tied to your dock. Which kind of boat would you rather see/hear go by?

So..... I am looking forward to when the trend reverses, and we get to see the public wanting the smaller boats again.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!

I will add that as a slalom skier myself, I get bummed when I see a boarder heading towards me, sending rollers through the course. I'm just thankful that I can do my thing early morning, and they come out late morning.

That said, I don't think the people on the lake are wild about the sound of my RLXi and 'tiny' wakes hitting their shorelines at the crack of oh-dark-30 either. At least they know that was what they were buying into, but I'm sure it bugs some of them. I'll also add that I enjoy (marvel) at what a good boarder can do - I know I'll never be able to do it.

Doug & others,

Maybe your experiences are what make you say that, but there are those of us out there that are just a little more conscientious with our "Suburbans-on-the-water" than you describe. Please don't lump us in with the Wally's out there. FWIW, I've seen enough dumb@sses out there in every type of boat (yes, including ski boats) that I've come to the conclusion that no one group has the monopoly on stupidity or lack of manners.

Better go get my Partytime.gif and Beer.gif . This should be some good entertainment...

Jerry,

I think I'll sit here with you for a while and watch this. Need something to drink? Biggrin.gif

Seriously...I live on a lake, we get everything from kayaks to 140MPH boats come by here from daylight until well after midnight. As a property owner I don't have a problem with any of them. I like to see people having fun and I am in no way thinking I should be trying to judge how or when they have it.

I do have a problem when a wake boat or any boat blasts past a fisherman in a small boat and he has to grab the rails to hang on. Same with a course, you have to respect that area as needing smooth water and to stay out of the course if you don't have to use it. On the other hand I expect others to respect my wake if they are passing through. If they think they have to come close and blast by me while we are surfing, well they had better hang on to their seats....it's gonna be a rough ride. Yahoo.gif

... I don't think the people on the lake are wild about the sound of my RLXi and 'tiny' wakes hitting their shorelines at the crack of oh-dark-30 either...

If I lived on a lake, the sound of your V8 thumping away at the crack of dawn would be music to my ears...the only thing I'd rather be woken up to would be the sound of my daughter calling "Daddy" to come get her out of her crib...

What a wonderful day we just had on the lake...the type of day that makes you glad to be alive, living in America, and to own a ski boat...

Edited by rts
Doug & others,

Maybe your experiences are what make you say that, but there are those of us out there that are just a little more conscientious with our "Suburbans-on-the-water" than you describe. Please don't lump us in with the Wally's out there. FWIW, I've seen enough dumb@sses out there in every type of boat (yes, including ski boats) that I've come to the conclusion that no one group has the monopoly on stupidity or lack of manners.

Well said, Tracie.

Say again, Jerry? Surely you meant :biteme:

Tongue.gif

I heard, from a very reputable source, that they were going to make a 247 surfing edition. Its going to have a blown big block 8.1 with dry exhaust (thats supposed to be louder then a 747 on take off). Its going to come stock with 4000 lbs of ballast, and a 360 degree stereo on the tower featuring 8 horns, flashing lights, and a PA system. The surf wake is rumored to be over 6' tall and can easily knocks boats off of their lifts...unfortunetly for us that live here in the US we will not be seeing this boat. It is a Canada special only :lol:

Edited by jetskipro550

... I don't think the people on the lake are wild about the sound of my RLXi and 'tiny' wakes hitting their shorelines at the crack of oh-dark-30 either...

If I lived on a lake, the sound of your V8 thumping away at the crack of dawn would be music to my ears...the only thing I'd rather be woken up to would be the sound of my daughter calling "Daddy" to come get her out of her crib...

What a wonderful day we just had on the lake...the type of day that makes you glad to be alive, living in America, and to own a ski boat...

Maybe I should have clarified - some of the people on the lake don't appreciate it. The rest are bummed they aren't out there with us! :)

Surely you meant :biteme:

Probably would have made for a more entertaining thread - kinda like throwing gasoline, er, I mean, more gasoline, on the fire! Blowup.gif

Oh, and don't call me Shirley. :lol: