Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Rumors...

LakeOneSkier

Date: Tues, May 16 2006 12:11 am

======

Here's a few teasers... (some DEFINITE, others... mebbe)

Malibu will have catalytic converts standard on all models for 07

(Sure hope it does not make heat soak/VP worse??)

The Response LXi is getting a new top deck. MUCH taller = more

freeboard.

One cool rumor is the possible release of a Response LXV. Yes, "V".

A V-drive in a sub 21 foot boat. More family friendly. Awesome

slalom wakes and excellent boarding wakes

Sunsetter LXi is getting dropped. Possible Sunsetter classic

reemerges. The current SSLXi is a tank.

Saltwater options coming to compete with Mastercraft.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunriseH2OSkier

• 88Skier

• doughickey

• 1FootDan

Date: Tues, May 16 2006 12:11 am

======

Here's a few teasers... (some DEFINITE, others... mebbe)

Malibu will have catalytic converts standard on all models for 07

(Sure hope it does not make heat soak/VP worse??)

freeboard.

Sunsetter LXi is getting dropped. Possible Sunsetter classic

reemerges. The current SSLXi is a tank.

Saltwater options coming to compete with Mastercraft.

These are the 2 that I'm interested in. If a Response V could throw a great ski wake, I'd be all over it.

But, I love my SSLxi classic, so if they put a new top deck and all the new goodies on it, I'd be all over that too.

Throw that VW diesel engine in both of the above and my SSLxi classic would be for sale.

I heard about the small V drive, A friend saw the hull at the factory.

and I guess everyone knows the hatch is now a two piece on the VLX

I saw something on the Indmar cat converters also.

Yep, Indmar has been working on the cat for a while. Their trying to stay ahead of the regulators.

I suppose you could think of it that way, but they aren't really. Indmar is doing it in direct response to the regulator's initiative. Indmar (and the others) are pretty much forced by the government to do the advanced technology development to prove they are acting socially responsible. The government places the burden on the industry to prove why something isn't feasible. If they don't, the regulators threaten to enact unbelievably strict laws as punishment - laws that force the situation and would effectively put the manufacturer out of business if they don't/can't comply. So the manufacturer invests in the technology, and negotiates with the government to push the inevitable off as long as possible.

By the way - the resistance isn't because the company doesn't want to be socially responsible, it's because they know that the average customer cares about the environment right up until it hits them in the pocket book. And when the price of the boat goes up to pay for that expensive technology, the manufacturer takes the brunt of the blame, not the government.

Bottom line is that if Indmar starts putting it on the '07s, you can bet it's because the government is making them, not because they are trying to stay ahead of the regulators.

freeboard.

Geez, I hope they keep the current version too - I think the freeboard is just fine on mine.

Isn't this what Peter was talking about some time ago as his dream boat?

freeboard.

Geez, I hope they keep the current version too - I think the freeboard is just fine on mine.

Isn't this what Peter was talking about some time ago as his dream boat?

Actually, that was my dream boat - Peter was trying to convince me that a vRide would work but I need the tanks below the floor as in the vlx. I doubt it will be called a Response LXV though and it will likely look like, say a mini 247 based on the trend. It would work for me either way though.

i heard the response is all new and is supposed to be a replacement for the current response and sunsetter because the hull will be wider and taller.

Hey Oz /Tom Sawyer - if they bring out a RLXV, any impact on your decision to jump to a Sanger?

No, too late for me... :)

This was Peter's post I was thinking of.

And this was the post I was thinking of. Looks like both apply :)

The new vdrive will be a 20' boat, more upscale than the vride and likely priced closer to the VLX. ;)

Yep, Indmar has been working on the cat for a while. Their trying to stay ahead of the regulators.

I suppose you could think of it that way, but they aren't really. Indmar is doing it in direct response to the regulator's initiative. Indmar (and the others) are pretty much forced by the government to do the advanced technology development to prove they are acting socially responsible. The government places the burden on the industry to prove why something isn't feasible. If they don't, the regulators threaten to enact unbelievably strict laws as punishment - laws that force the situation and would effectively put the manufacturer out of business if they don't/can't comply. So the manufacturer invests in the technology, and negotiates with the government to push the inevitable off as long as possible.

By the way - the resistance isn't because the company doesn't want to be socially responsible, it's because they know that the average customer cares about the environment right up until it hits them in the pocket book. And when the price of the boat goes up to pay for that expensive technology, the manufacturer takes the brunt of the blame, not the government.

Bottom line is that if Indmar starts putting it on the '07s, you can bet it's because the government is making them, not because they are trying to stay ahead of the regulators.

That's a long way of saying what I meant. Maybe I should have been more clear......they're doing it before it is mandated, but clearly it is driven by regulator's initiatives, not customer's desires.

QUOTE(Clay @ May 17 2006, 03:52 PM)

freeboard.

I agree, I think the freeboard is perfect on mine as well.

Isn't the Response V-Drive a VRide? You would certainly need more draft to fit the engine in the rear...

Maybe that top new top deck on the Lxi will be an option or sold under a different name like Sunsetter or Fatboy or something. Seems a little too early to make such a drastic change to a proven design.

VD Response, what's this world coming to?

Maybe that top new top deck on the Lxi will be an option or sold under a different name like Sunsetter or Fatboy or something. Seems a little too early to make such a drastic change to a proven design.

Sounds like Malibu is stepping up and filling a hole in their lineup if this boat becomes reality. There are people out there who just have to have the V drive space but want great slalom performance. CC is after this with their 226 and its AWSA rating.

I also question how you could do this without putting a huge hump in the back. Maybe there isn't going to be a flat sunpad... Dontknow.gif

Sounds like Malibu is stepping up and filling a hole in their lineup if this boat becomes reality. There are people out there who just have to have the V drive space but want great slalom performance. CC is after this with their 226 and its AWSA rating.

I also question how you could do this without putting a huge hump in the back. Maybe there isn't going to be a flat sunpad... Dontknow.gif

A la Sanger?

Interesting

Daniel

24xti? Are you kidding?

2 piece hatch is a bad idea in my opinion.

No not kidding. Layout is more than slightly different also.