Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED lights

davekeymer

I just bought a 2006 21xti and would like to install some simple LEDs throughout the boat. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions as to go about it. I want to install red LEDS next to all stock interior leds on a seperate acc. switch. I would also like to put some LEDS inside the chrome vents in the rear. I have seen some malibus with leds drilled into the body and shine down on the water.. it looks cool, but I don't know about drilling??

I just bought a 2006 21xti and would like to install some simple LEDs throughout the boat. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions as to go about it. I want to install red LEDS next to all stock interior leds on a seperate acc. switch. I would also like to put some LEDS inside the chrome vents in the rear. I have seen some malibus with leds drilled into the body and shine down on the water.. it looks cool, but I don't know about drilling??

i just built some custom LED lighting for my big bike...tailights...turnsignals..running lights...im working on some tube lighting now....its actually pretty simple to put together just a resistor then the LED...or you can do some series sets...i ended up doing both ways for the diff lights...im working on some tube lighting now and ill point ya to my sources once i find some that work well for the application....my plan is to use some SMT LEDS and resistors on a pwb cut narrow enough for the parts then slip everything inside a clear poly hose…ill then test sealing it up by doing so and running it on a bench for a few weeks to make sure nothing fries ;)….unfortunately the local fry's only sells thru hole LEDS so i am having to go to a disti (bleh 1 day postal service isnt near as fun as a trip to the 'toy store' ;) to try diff types till i get the brightness im wanting…the material costs r just to0 cheap to pay what ppl want for these things…its like 20-30 cents for the LED and pennies for the resistors..and that’s low volume costs

-krak

• 4 months later...

I got my LED tubes and bulbs form Autolumination. Added the tubes in gunnels and changes all of the other light bulbs to LED's for less then $100, check out gallery. Varad makes some nice LED accent lights too, but are on the expensive side. I've been trying to get a hold of Wakespecialty for a month without any luck.

• 2 months later...
I got my LED tubes and bulbs form Autolumination. Added the tubes in gunnels and changes all of the other light bulbs to LED's for less then $100, check out gallery. Varad makes some nice LED accent lights too, but are on the expensive side. I've been trying to get a hold of Wakespecialty for a month without any luck.

onamission,

did u simply connect the LED tubes to the existing wires (for the existing lights) in the gunnels? Or, did u need some type of controller or power supply?

I have an 06 RLXi and have the existing lights in the gunnels.

thanks,

-past-

onamission,

did u simply connect the LED tubes to the existing wires (for the existing lights) in the gunnels? Or, did u need some type of controller or power supply?

I have an 06 RLXi and have the existing lights in the gunnels.

thanks,

-past-

Yes, I just removed the old light fixture, tie wrapped the tubes to the wirering harness that runs alone the inside of the gunnel and used the existing wires and switch.