Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help

barefoot1017

Hi

I have a sunsetter VLX 2000 and I would like to put a boom but they tell me I need a pylon 3" high and 2.5 diameter. My pylon in total is 3" high but has the cut away for the rope. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement pylon longer than the original? Cry.gif

...My pylon in total is 3" high... Cry.gif
ROFL.gif Too ROFL.gif many ROFL.gif jokes ROFL.gif ......

Sorry Innocent.gif Gotta be nice to the new guy. Welcome.gif You're a brave soul coming in here and announcing that you're sporting 3 inches... :lol: ...(so I'm weak).

Have you considered a tower mounted boom?

On barefootcentral.com they have one for sale in the used equipment section. I think is came off a Sanger but it may work?

Try getting one from a 2005 LSV--it may fit. I have a 2005 LSV and it works fine. We have a Deluxe Quad V from Barefoot International. I'd suggest getting the height adjuster if you go with the BI boom. BTW: This is our 3rd boat with a BI boom and they work great!

I have a BI height adjuster that I'd be happy to sell. I bought it so I could use my boom with the extended pylon that I only used for one summer. I now have a tower, so I sold the extended pylon and don't need the height adjuster anymore. Let me know if you're interested.

on the v drives the newer boats do have shorter pylons and if you do go with boom get an extension if not you will be in the boat spray we have a 2006 sunscape with titan 3 tower and b.i. tower boom works great but you have to angle boom toward front of boat to keep out of spray from boat,

I have a BI height adjuster that I'd be happy to sell. I bought it so I could use my boom with the extended pylon that I only used for one summer. I now have a tower, so I sold the extended pylon and don't need the height adjuster anymore. Let me know if you're interested.

Won't fix your problem barefoot1017, but those of you who are looking to fit a boom and a pylon extension, take a look at this...Link

Edited by 1FootDan

Yup, that link shows a product that does exactly what my height adjuster does. Only my height adjuster costs less Biggrin.gif . I'll look to see if I have any pics with me of the x-pylon and boom in use together.

Edited by billb