Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Rims and Tires for B'day`

Headhunter 2317

Glad I am going with the Goodyear.  I think the blowouts that you guys had around Havasu might have been due to the heat too wouldn't you think? 

No question - it is heat related. I failed to mention in my post that I found out on that trip that I didn't have a wrench that fit the lug nuts on the trailer. DAMN! Fortunately, there was a very generous man towing a 30+ barge that was gassing up nearby. I asked politely and he obliged saying "I blew six tires on my last boat trailer before I decided to sell it!" Needless to say, the wrench is now part of my arsenal of tools.

I bought five new Goodyear Marathons today from the tire store that does all the work on my employer's fleet. They comped the labor and balancing which was very generous. I was out the door with 5 205/75/14 C for a hair over $400 (tax included). I'm not for putting the tire stores out of business, everyone needs to make a buck but there were several other stores that quoted me well over $100 more than I paid.

So for any of you looking for tires, you might want to seek out who does the work for your company or a friends company. This particular store was real good about taking care of the people who generate the lions share of their business...the commercial guys.

VLX,

If I had a double axle, it might have been an issue with the CFO but I am sure that this is going to cost me later on. ( furniture, shoes, ect..)

But it does not matter to me as long as my rig looks pimpin'.