Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why no 25's?

tgaugh

We have a fleet of 247's now, in fact if you saw all the crew members 247's coming at you on the lake you would be concerned (especially on a jetski). That being said I can only think of one crew/mbo member over the last few years with a 25LSV. If anyone replies with "too big" I ain't buying it...

Is it just to have the biggest wake boat? If I remember right the 25 did not have ballast, so I understand it wouldn't have been quite the wake machine, although it could hold a bunch of weight and weighted would have proven a better surfer/boarder than a VLX or 23LSV just on size, weight capability alone. It did have the wedge and tower(s) as options. The other the note I think that was overlooked was the 25 had the head built in, which in turn gave you a tax write-off that no other Malibu model in the lineup offers.

So - just curious, opinions from the crew - and input from the Limo-owners. Why the flock to the 247 and not the 25LSV?

We have a fleet of 247's now, in fact if you saw all the crew members 247's coming at you on the lake you would be concerned (especially on a jetski). That being said I can only think of one crew/mbo member over the last few years with a 25LSV. If anyone replies with "too big" I ain't buying it...

Is it just to have the biggest wake boat? If I remember right the 25 did not have ballast, so I understand it wouldn't have been quite the wake machine, although it could hold a bunch of weight and weighted would have proven a better surfer/boarder than a VLX or 23LSV just on size, weight capability alone. It did have the wedge and tower(s) as options. The other the note I think that was overlooked was the 25 had the head built in, which in turn gave you a tax write-off that no other Malibu model in the lineup offers.

So - just curious, opinions from the crew - and input from the Limo-owners. Why the flock to the 247 and not the 25LSV?

I just looked at the Malibu website, and you can get the Wakesetter 25 with Ballast, Tower and everything. To me though, just from looking at the pictures, the 25 looks like it's built more like a cruiser, and less like a ski/wakeboard boat. It sits way out of the water, and just looks huge.

I am sure I will be corrected if i am wrong but, I believe for it to be a tax right off it must have a head, a galley and be in/on the water.

If I rode on Tahoe or consistantly had to transit over rough waters I'ld own a 25.

The main reason I didn't get one was because it does look more like a "big" runabout.

BTW, I did see one on the Delta last weekend. I've also seen 2 in the rental fleet up at Lake Tahoe (for a reason, that place gets rough).

In order to be able to write off the interest on the loan as a "second house" the boat has to have a toilet of some sort, a cooking surface of some sort and be able to sleep on it. Doesn't have to be in or on water. I wrote off my interest for the two years I floated payments per my tax guy's reccommendation.

So a guy wants a head huh? Shocking.gif

Yep the 25 can be ordered with the "wakesetter" package to give you ballast, wedge, tower, etc. But the problem is (my understanding) Malibu only has one mold for these boats - and it was orignially designed on the SV - Diamond hull due to it's size/weight. So while loaded down it makes a decent (pretty good actually) wakeboard wake it doesn't have the world class wakes of the other LSVs. Secondly it's kinda ugly. At least the top deck/above the rubrail is not real easy on the eyes. Other than that the thing is an awesome ride. I think Malibu was before their time with the relase of the boat. Others were not doing "BIG" boats when the 25 was released. They didn't work their way into the market, they just showed up. The boat needs some updates and it would sell like the 247 IMO. I love the layout, size, performance, etc... it's a great boat for a lot of "busy" lakes.

According to their site & literature, the 25 is available both on the Diamond & non-Diamond hulls, as is the new 247.

Ok, then it's just ugly. Crazy.gif

Thanks tracie, I didn't realize that.

The 25' is a fugly boat. Proportionally it just doesn't work imho.

I have to disagree. I have an '04 25 wakesetter with illusion tower. It is great family size boat with a huge wake for boarding and surfing. It is not a good solomn boat. The boat gets more looks and complements on the water than any other I have been in. It does look more like a bowrunner than traditional ski boat but the higher front gunwalls are great if you are carryong any litle kids. I think more people would love it if they just tried it.

Lesson ONE

Don't ever call someone's boat ugly

Agreed! Calling someone's boat ugly is like calling their wife ugly.

Lesson ONE

Agreed! Calling someone's boat ugly is like calling their wife ugly.

worse

Daniel

good point guys... but I did start off by saying it was only "kinda ugly" and that it had a lot of other good qualities - kinda like saying "she's got a great personality" when she's fat and ugly??? :)

I love how you guys make me laugh. I almost bought a 25, a used one would have bee a lot cheaper than my new 247. I didn't because of the trailer weight and the distances we tow to the lakes. I love the layout- 2 captians chairs! I guarantee you'll see that copied in the near future by othe mfrs making big boats. I wish the 247 had 2 of em. I'd buy one.

I love how you guys make me laugh. I almost bought a 25, a used one would have bee a lot cheaper than my new 247. I didn't because of the trailer weight and the distances we tow to the lakes. I love the layout- 2 captians chairs! I guarantee you'll see that copied in the near future by othe mfrs making big boats. I wish the 247 had 2 of em. I'd buy one.

I don't know who copied who but I know Tige has had the 2 captians chairs in thier V-drives for a few years now. Tongue.gif

which model Tige? I haven't seen that. Maybe the 24V?

I just looked through Tige's site and none of their boats have the 2 captain chairs, so I dunno? Dontknow.gif

Lesson ONE

Hey, it does seem to bring them out of the woodwork though... Welcome Foxhall.

I don't think mine is ugly....

In fact I get more approving looks and compliments than any of the other boats in the area usually..

You also have to buy a REAL tow vehicle to get it around...

It's not perfect and there are things I would change about it but it fits my family of six very comfortably and the head is for the ladies....

I just bought a 25 lsv wakesetter and I am very happy with the wake and ride. I would also change some things but overall it is the right boat for me.

I don't think mine is ugly....

In fact I get more approving looks and compliments than any of the other boats in the area usually..

You also have to buy a REAL tow vehicle to get it around...

It's not perfect and there are things I would change about it but it fits my family of six very comfortably and the head is for the ladies....

I just bought a 25 lsv wakesetter and I am very happy with the wake and ride. I would also change some things but overall it is the right boat for me.

Then that's all that matters as it fits your needs the best, and on a rough lake I'd be a tad bit jealous as you can cruise across the lake while I have to crawl.. :)

Another comment would be that from a wakeboarding perspective it holds it's own with most boats out there...Skiing-No way...and impossible to surf behind...there isn't enough ballast to sink that boat on one side-we've tried everything.

Overall-very versitile boat-very happy.