Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Great Day To Start The Season!

kb3

My lovely wife took it upon herself to arrange a day of lessons on our boat taught by Mike Schwenne. There were five of us altogether, myself, brother-in-law, my son and two neighbor kids. I must say this rates as one of the best days on the lake we have had to date. Mike is an amazing young man with not only oodles of wakeboarding talents but has the incredible knack in his ability to teach and coach kids. We went out to Don Pedro last Friday....for a perfect day on the lake....warm water and only a handful of other boats all day.

I have only been wakeboarding a couple of years now and at my age am not really looking to progress to flips and turns and such, but wanted to improve to the point I could really enjoy myself. Mike was able to help me quite a bit on my form and gave me plenty of tips for future growth.

The real value of the day was watching Mike work with the kids and see how they progressed in just a single day on the lake. Before this day, my son had no problem getting up on the wakeboard (age 10) but was a very cautious rider and would not even cross the wake. During his first set with Mike coaching, he was crossing both wakes with slight jumps, doing surface ollies and Mike even convinced him to do a surface 180 (beaming proud father here!) It would have taken me a year or two just to convince him to try!

My hat is off to Mike and his abilities....and if you think you know anything about wakeboarding.....have a pro ride behind your boat for a set or two....it will set you straight really quick.

post-110-1147717327_thumb.jpg

Ken,

What a great surprise it looks like you had perfect conditions. It’s funny sometimes kids will try things that others tell them even after their parents have tried.