Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06' V-Ride dash display with Ballast monitoring

BuggsIsland06vride

How many people with the 06' V-Ride have ballast monitoring for the bottom left side button below the cruise button? I was under the impression that you could not get that as an option unless you had bow, midship, and rear ballast. I saw a pic somwhere this morning that showed an 06' V-Ride with the ballast monitoring button. My dash has that button labeled as speed and not ballast. I think that Mine was supposed to come with ballast and it did not. I would love to have that option to see how much water I have in each tank but wanted to know how many people have it on thiers, and find out if mine was supposed to come like that also. Now that mine did not come like that I'm wondering how much it would cost to have that upgraded and if it is even possible to do so. Thank you all for your input.

How many people with the 06' V-Ride have ballast monitoring for the bottom left side button below the cruise button? I was under the impression that you could not get that as an option unless you had bow, midship, and rear ballast. I saw a pic somwhere this morning that showed an 06' V-Ride with the ballast monitoring button. My dash has that button labeled as speed and not ballast. I think that Mine was supposed to come with ballast and it did not. I would love to have that option to see how much water I have in each tank but wanted to know how many people have it on thiers, and find out if mine was supposed to come like that also. Now that mine did not come like that I'm wondering how much it would cost to have that upgraded and if it is even possible to do so. Thank you all for your input.

I just noticed no Wakeside that a number of the v-rides have this. Don't know how much it costs to add later though.

it's on early models, it does nothing

I have a Response Lxi with the same thing

So no dice unless you have flat ballast tanks below the floor

My V-Ride has this button and it does not do anything. I think it is just becuase they used the same dash as the VLX. It sounds like on the newer 2006 boats they switched to a different dash. Now you have me wondering what other improvements they streamlined into 2006 models that I might have missed out on...

My V-Ride has this button and it does not do anything. I think it is just becuase they used the same dash as the VLX. It sounds like on the newer 2006 boats they switched to a different dash. Now you have me wondering what other improvements they streamlined into 2006 models that I might have missed out on...

So most people that have the ballast button instead of the speed button, but niether do anything at all unless you have the bow ballast like the VLX. If you want to compare what options and things you have, ask me what you want and we can look at the differences. Most of the V-Rides don't come with bow rails but my wife wanted those bad so we have that. In turn I ordered to dual batteries with Preko switch, dripless shaft seal, upgraded carpet, black and orange bimini top, and all stainless options that I could get. The coolest option is the transom flush mount that will make my winterization process very simple and really only take a few minutes. Let me know what yourts has and we can discuss it.