Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Switch Covers

larrys

My 04 WLSV came from the factory with only 3 switches controlling the 4 ballast tanks. They wired both the bow and floor tanks to the same switch. I rewired to separate switches. I am looking for switch covers. I know the CA factory boats came wired that way. Where can I purchase covers that say bow and floor? My dealer was able to get me the switch but seems to be having trouble getting the covers. Any thoughts?

I tried getting a music switch cover from Carling to change one of my Acc. covers of the left side of the dash. If it one that Malibu uses you would have to go through Malibu or a Malibu dealer, other wise you need to order a min. of 25 with all sorts of fees for silk screening the covers.

Thanks for the replies!

I wish there was a place to order this kind of stuff online. I hate bothering my dealer with the small stuff like this.

Can someone verify for me the switch labels and location for the boats made at the CA factory. I know the rear have a left and right arrows and MLS, located to the left of the steering wheel. I assume both the bow and floor are located on the right and labeled such?

Again, this is a 04 WLSV.

Edited by larrys
I hate bothering my dealer with the small stuff like this.

Me too, but don't sweat it too much. Dealers aren't there just for the initial sale...good customer service keeps you coming back and they shouldn't mind helping out a customer.

Support your dealers. They'll support you better...

FWIW...My '04 WSLSV has the two forward tanks controlled by one switch too. It's a merced built boat but it was one of the first LSV's built in '04. I understand the later ones did seperate the tanks.

• 14 years later...
6 hours ago, kevinrichard211 said:

What are Circuit Breakers?Circuit breakers are electrical switches designed to protect an electric circuit from damage due
to an overload or a short circuit. Circuit breakers were designed by Thomas Edison in 1879
although the modern version that is closest to what we use today wasn’t patented until 1924.

You really felt the need to bring back a thread that is 14 years old to post that?

12 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

You really felt the need to bring back a thread that is 14 years old to post that?

Well it wouldn't be a good necropost then would it?  ;)  Judging by this being the first post, I'd say spammer in training.