Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Racks for Titan II Tower

thesweetlife

My Titan II tower arrived on Friday, and the boat is heading to the boat shop tomorrow to have it installed. I guess the next expenditure is the racks. Any suggestions on types of racks to use on the Titan II tower or does anybody have any for sale. I currently have 2 wakeboards and a kneeboard. My tower is powder-coated black, but I was thinking of going with aluminum racks. Thanks for any input.

Tracy

I have a Titan II and bought 4 Monster tower racks. They are polished and work great. Just make sure you have all the adjustment bolts very tight.

We used to have a Titan II, had the pop-up battleracks, loved them. They are still my favorite racks and I am bummed I can't use them on the new tower. IMO - they're they best looking around, empty or full. That Titan II will easily hold 4 of them as well.

We used to have a Titan II, had the pop-up battleracks, loved them. They are still my favorite racks and I am bummed I can't use them on the new tower. IMO - they're they best looking around, empty or full. That Titan II will easily hold 4 of them as well.

I looked via the internet at both the Bottle Rack and the Lowrider Rack from Titan. The Bottle Rack is $100 higher. What's the difference, and why would you choose one over the other?

The sweetlife -

The battleracks just look better. The low-riders look ok, but anything rubber dipped can limit the board sizes you can get in there. I think andy has low-riders and can comment on use, I have only heard good things about the low-riders.

The battleracks are just as tough as can be, silent, stable, and the lift-off attachment was awesome.

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2142.JPG

gotta agree with my favorite Texan...another positive of the Battlerack is the way the bungy cord wraps back around the bottom of the rack. The Titan has two little cuts in the bottom of the rack which work fine but the squared off bottom of the battle axe is easier to use.

The finish on the battle rack is first rate as well

The Battle Racks do look sweet.

You gotta go with Titan man. The Titan stuff's fit and finish is second to none. I've got the lift offs for the low riders. The rubber dipped has held up incredibly well. all the racks that I've seen, with rubber inserts, have the inserts peeling away after one season.

- Granted, I haven't see the Titan racks after a season of use. Tgaugh can comment on how they're holding up.

The rubber dipped are doing great though. Only issue I've had is the pull strap. I've got a wakesurfboard that fits in the rack, but it's really wide - so it stretches the strap a lot. The strap came out, I just re-tied it though and it's worked great since.

The lift offs have been great. I've heard other people complain that the lift offs of other companies rattle alot, these are super solid - no rattles at all. Looking at them you can't even tell they're lift offs.

I'm looking to buy another identical pair.

You gotta go with Titan man. The Titan stuff's fit and finish is second to none. I've got the lift offs for the low riders. The rubber dipped has held up incredibly well. all the racks that I've seen, with rubber inserts, have the inserts peeling away after one season.

- Granted, I haven't see the Titan racks after a season of use. Tgaugh can comment on how they're holding up.

The rubber dipped are doing great though. Only issue I've had is the pull strap. I've got a wakesurfboard that fits in the rack, but it's really wide - so it stretches the strap a lot. The strap came out, I just re-tied it though and it's worked great since.

The lift offs have been great. I've heard other people complain that the lift offs of other companies rattle alot, these are super solid - no rattles at all. Looking at them you can't even tell they're lift offs.

I agree - the Battle Racks do look a lot sweeter than the Low Riders. I need to hurry up and decide so I can have racks by Memorial Day. Don't want anyone making fun at me on the lake for not having any racks....lol Biggrin.gif

I agree all the way, I have 1 pair of lowriders with lift offs now and want a second pair. 2 seasons in and they look just as good as day 1. I just wish I bought them from the start. I got a great promo price when they were brand new and now don't want to spend the money on a second pair.

If I have a negative thing to say about the battleracks it was the small rubber insert down each fork (you can't seem them, they're flush) but they needed to be reglued. Actually, I could have just been ahead of it, I saw that eventually a season or two they'd need it. So I peeled them up and re-sealed them. Issue free. I am sure the new owner is loving them today.

I would not look at the higer price as negative, worth every dollar. If I could get the racks on my blade I'd install them today. I can officially state "I have this worst racks, from a cosemetic perspective, in the crew." Very sound, functional - but ugly as all hell. I miss'em.

Order the either of the Titans today, you will not be dissapointed, and post pics when you're all installed!

Thanks for all the comments. Hope to get them ordered before nightfall. I'll post pics once I get the boat back with new tower, new racks, and the new graphics. Oh yea!!!!!

The Battle Racks are made by Titan, so no worries there on quality. I went with the Titan Cruisers mainly because I didn't care for the style of the Battle Rack, but both are good products (as are the Lowriders). The nice thing about the Titan stuff is that at a minimum the forks are chromed (Lowriders are rubber dipped) & in the case of the Battle Rack, so is the base. That means a lot less upkeep in terms of polishing. Almost 50 hours of use on ours & they're good (we have a similar issue to tgaugh's with regard to the rubber insert, but it won't be a big deal to fix). Make sure to get the lift offs, those are worth every penny IMO.

Make sure to get the lift offs, those are worth every penny IMO.

Especially if you are folding your tower down, otherwise your racks are on the sundeck and you have to stick foam/towel/something to not tear your vinyl.

I have the low riders with the lift offs. I can echo what has already been stated above, the lift off clamps are rock solid and the racks very functional. I am on my second season with no issues what so ever. That being said, I wish I had known about the Battle racks prior to buying the low riders because I really like the way they look.

Especially if you are folding your tower down, otherwise your racks are on the sundeck and you have to stick foam/towel/something to not tear your vinyl.

Slow day today Tgaugh?

I like by low-riders...and the lift-offs rule....but they don't hold a surf board like the battle racks will....

Slow day today Tgaugh?

I like by low-riders...and the lift-offs rule....but they don't hold a surf board like the battle racks will....

Yeah, we've been able to get a Broadcast, Skimskate & CWB Ride to all fit in the Cruisers. I doubt that the Skimskate at least would fit in the Lowriders. ICBW of course.

I got the low rider rack with the spinner clamp. I am very happy with both and especially like the "spinner" option.