Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rub Rail

We (the boys) had a little mishap at the ramp this morning. The rear of the boat hit the corner of the dock and damaged the rub rail and some gelcoat.

My question is , where can I find the black hard plastic part of the rub rail for my '95 Sunsetter? I really only need about 1 foot or so of it and I can still use the soft part of the rail.

post-144-1147662993_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sunsetter95

I don't think anyone is replying to your post since the pic just makes all of us sick. Vomit.gif Sorry about your fender bender.

Everyone I've heard of ends up replacing the entire rub rail. I'll ask my dealer about it later today. Kevin...

The whole rub rail will have to be replaced to do it right.

I just needed the insert for my 94 Echelon and had to buy a whole new rub rail complete because the supplier was out of business. The pics you have look like the same rail I had. Good luck.

the rub rail is 1 piece

My rub rail base is in a few pieces, but I think the soft part is one.

Thanks for the response. Inexperienced and behind the wheel.... not happy. My sons friend did ante up $500 to get started with the repair. I do feel a bit better about it..... Cry.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My roommate managed to lift the rubrail off my bow last spring. I've called a few different places and have been quoted right around $800 everytime for a new rail (both the hard plastic & soft strip). They said the actual rail is not that expensive, its the labor that goes into putting it on. It takes 2 people.

My roommate managed to lift the rubrail off my bow last spring. I've called a few different places and have been quoted right around $800 everytime for a new rail (both the hard plastic & soft strip). They said the actual rail is not that expensive, its the labor that goes into putting it on. It takes 2 people.

All due respect, but I know I can have a new one on in one afternoon. The rail backing is ~$100 for 50ft, and the soft part is probably about the same.

A I'm going to a local repair shop Sat. morn, they said they have some pieces and I could see if they match up with mine. I'm more worried about repairing the glass and gel coat.