Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY - Replacing Idle Air Control valve (IAC) or Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

• 9 months later...

Just to cloes the loop on this... I put a set of spark plugs in my boat today and it is a totally different animal. It was way past due. It had started skipping pretty badly. After I installed the new plugs the surging at idle condition has gone away. Wish I had done that two years ago!

:Doh:

Just to cloes the loop on this... I put a set of spark plugs in my boat today and it is a totally different animal. It was way past due. It had started skipping pretty badly. After I installed the new plugs the surging at idle condition has gone away. Wish I had done that two years ago!

:Doh:

How bad did the plugs look? Any pictures?

Mine was 37$ at O'Reilly of a Ford Focus. Odd that it's a Chevy engine....

I just removed and replaced everything works great.

Woodshed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used a 1999 Chevy Suburban 350 as the part reference, as per someone else here. Looked to be a perfect match of the old one.

• 3 years later...

Curious to know where are the pins located? 

We have a mastercraft x7 2005.

I am currently helping my husband with his boat we bought roughly 6 months ago. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2014 at 7:46 PM, formulaben said:

I got my IAC for $37 and the TPS for $41 at the local O'Reilley's...

Do you happen to have the part number or what I should search for? Do they have a marine parts finder?

formulaben

I just followed someone else's advice here and told them it's off a 1999 Chevy Suburban 350 and it matched perfectly.  Not sure about newer engines though...

• 11 months later...

Can any of you savvy veterans tell me if a 2007 LXI SE with a 383 Hammerhead will have an IAC (and if so, where it's located)?  I cannot find it on my engine, though I didn't remove the plenum yet.  Boat is fuel injected and drive by wire so I'm not certain it has one, but is experiencing stumbling acceleration, surging at speed, smells rich, and long cranking starts.  I had one backfire a near full throttle when I was testing things.

32 minutes ago, lorien said:

Can any of you savvy veterans tell me if a 2007 LXI SE with a 383 Hammerhead will have an IAC (and if so, where it's located)?  I cannot find it on my engine, though I didn't remove the plenum yet.  Boat is fuel injected and drive by wire so I'm not certain it has one, but is experiencing stumbling acceleration, surging at speed, smells rich, and long cranking starts.  I had one backfire a near full throttle when I was testing things.

Change the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires.  If it isn't fixed check the fuel pressure.  If it isn't fixed, clean the throttle body.  If it isn't fixed, come back and report here.

On 5/23/2020 at 6:49 AM, justgary said:

Change the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires.  If it isn't fixed check the fuel pressure.  If it isn't fixed, clean the throttle body.  If it isn't fixed, come back and report here.

Thanks for this Gary!  Problem was solved when the plugs were changed.  I had already cleaned the throttle body and air filter, but the plugs made everything go back to normal.  I will swap out the cap/rotor/wires as soon as they arrive.  Couldn't get that locally for my setup.