Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ultimate Goose Guard

Baddog

post-215-1147691920_thumb.jpgAfter trying many things to keep the stinkin' poopin' geese and ducks off my swim platform, I designed this baby and it works very well. OK looks may be a bit off but the functionality trumps all.

Bought a tailgate net from Autozone, some PVC from Lowes, two mini bungies and perfecto.

More photos below.

Edited by Baddog

You will need to use a photo editing program like Photoshop or even Windows picture viewer. You will want to use the Resize Image function and make is physically smaller.

Or just email the picture to one of the mods on here and I'm sure they would be happy to do it for you.

I really want to show you photos but my photo ignorance is showing. Each image is 1.3 MB. How do I make the stored file smaller so I can post it?

Thanks.

The easiest way to resize images is to use a freeware tool called Fookes EZ Thumbs... If you are up to installing it, I highly reccommend it - otherwise, like they said, feel free to email to any of us and we can take care of it for you...

JZ

After trying many things to keep the stinkin' poopin' geese and ducks off my swim platform, I designed this baby and it works very well. OK looks may be a bit off but the functionality trumps all.

Bought a tailgate net from Autozone, some PVC from Lowes, two mini bungies and perfecto.

I really want to show you photos but my photo ignorance is showing. Each image is 1.3 MB. How do I make the stored file smaller so I can post it?

Thanks.

There is an XP update/add-on that will add the ability to resize your pictures with a highlight and right click and choose the size you want option

post-144-1147663734_thumb.jpg

After trying many things to keep the stinkin' poopin' geese and ducks off my swim platform, I designed this baby and it works very well. OK looks may be a bit off but the functionality trumps all.

Thanks.

There is an XP update/add-on that will add the ability to resize your pictures with a highlight and right click and choose the size you want option

I think that was in XP Power Toys. I've used that one I guess since MS released it. It is the easiest to use I've seen. It even has the size you need to post the picture on this site.

Link Here to Image Resizer.

Thanks.

yes, THIS IS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST THINGS MICROSOFT OFFERS.... LOL

It's a power toy from MS. Click Here to Download

That ought to keep them off. My problem is I'm on a big lake and that would probably bust up on a rough day.

The net is a perfect fit though. Maybe it can be attached without the PVC.

Edited by 88Skier
That ought to keep them off. My problem is I'm on a big lake and that would probably bust up on a rough day.

The net is a perfect fit though. Maybe it can be attached without the PVC.

When you say bust up, you mean just sitting at your dock? It gets that rough close in?

My original thoughts were to suspend the net with long bungies or rope, but to get it to work you have to support the center both vertically and horizontally. Also, I did not want to add any eye hooks (or whatever) on the platform for attachment points. Try the 1-1/2" PVC instead of 1/2", perhaps.

All I can say is since I started using this last year, there have been zero deposits from the poop bank on my platform. And since my butt is always the first one to use it each time out, I want it clean, darn it!

My boat is kept on a mooring and 1'-2' waves is just choppy. Rough is 3'-4' waves. Anything rigid is not going to hold up. The netting that you used may be able to be attached with bungy cords. The tailgate net looks a lot better than the commercial fighing net I was using lat year.

Thanks.

The easiest way to resize images is to use a freeware tool called Fookes EZ Thumbs... If you are up to installing it, I highly reccommend it - otherwise, like they said, feel free to email to any of us and we can take care of it for you...

JZ

I took this suggestion awhile back, great program, makes me feel like less of a dumba$$.

The guard looks great - nice and simple!

Though a bottle of teak oil should have been on your short list as well ;)

You troll and you troll and sooner or later you get a bite. I was wondering how long it would take one of my "buddies" to be helpful and free with their comments on my platform. You're picking on me and now I feel really bad about myself, self esteem is shot and I might have to do something bad to myself when I get home. Thanks a LOT!

In my defense, I ordered the Teak Guard kit last Monday and on Friday I received . . . . . . . just the Teak Guard magic juice, no kit. As soon as they ship the right stuff, you'll see that baby shine and look all pretty.

Alright? Feel better now?

I hope this works for you. I like it. I went through this last year in a losing battle with duck poop. Actually I noticed that once the platform wasn't quite as shiny they didn't seem to be as attracted to it. Maybe there were other nicer decks that required their attention and gifts. I had used the Teak Guard kit at the start of the season and it really looked nice at first - that is until duck poop started rotting through.

I'll have to see how I do this year with a fiberglass platform. Maybe they won't bother with it, or hopefully if they do it will just wash off easily.

Though a bottle of teak oil should have been on your short list as well ;)

YES, YES, YES! ROFL.gif

Cut the stuff!

Received my full Teak Guard kit last night, so You KNOW what I'll be doing this weekend, eh?