Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warranty

chathamsolutions

I've got 165+ hours on my 2004.

I took it in for some pump issues a few months ago, but it was under 150 hours back then. I'm still having the same problem, so I believe I can talk them into fixing it no matter the situation. But I can't remember what the original warranty terms are.

I have a foggy recolection of '3 years / 150 hours - whatever comes first'. Is that right?

I purchased the extended warranty at Copes. And after reading the fine print now, I wish I hadn't. It's not transferable. The big selling point, at the time, was that I could get a full refund if I didn't use it. But I find now that it's not transferable, so it has no value to a prospective buyer. I have to still own the boat in the 5th year to get the refund. Oh well, I may still use it. We'll seen.

Anyway, what is the standard warranty on a bu?

Thanks edwin.

Can anyone confirm that?

It's the same warranty that's available today, don't think there's been any changes. Just looking for standard warranty info.

Boat coverage

• Malibu Boats West, Inc. warrants all parts of your 2006 Malibu boat supplied by

Malibu, for a period of 36 months or 400 hours, whichever comes first.

• This warranty covers any repairs needed to correct defects in materials or

workmanship of all parts and components of each new Malibu boat supplied by

Malibu except for the exclusions or items listed under the caption “What is not

Covered” or as indicated below.

• This warranty is provided to the original owner(s) of a Malibu boat originally

distributed by Malibu Boats West, Inc. and which is originally sold by a Malibu

Boats West, Inc. authorized Malibu dealership.

• In cases of resale, the balance of any remaining 2006 Malibu Basic Warranty

coverage extends to subsequent owner(s) at no charge.

Powertrain coverage

Indmar Powertrains

• Malibu Boats West, Inc. administers the engine warranty for a units equipped

with an Indmar powertrain.

• The powertrain coverage for Indmar equipped units is 36 months with no hour

limitation.

• This warranty covers any repair needed to correct defects in materials or

workmanship except for the exclusions or items listed under the caption “What

is not Covered.”

• Please refer to the Indmar Engine Owner’s Manual for specific warranty

coverage information.

4-16

• This warranty is provided only to the original owner of a Malibu boat originally

distributed by Malibu Boats West, Inc. and which is originally sold by a Malibu

Boats West, Inc. authorized Malibu dealership.

• The above stated warranty is transferable to subsequent owners for a nominal

fee. Contact Indmar Products Co. Inc. for details.

As far as I know, the warranty changed in 06 to what Edwin posted. Prior to that, I think bow-to-stern was only 1 year, with Indmar providing 3 years unlimited hours on the powertrain. I could be wrong, but this is what I recall.

hmmm, ok, guess I must have dreamed that up somewhere. I could have sworn my 02 only had 1 year bow to stern, but I must have been mistaken.

Maybe its the transferability of the warrantly I was thinking of - perhaps prior to 06 the bow-to-stern wasn't transferrable when you sold the boat? Anyway, sounds like most here think you'll be ok Andy.

Edited by jcbatt

Edwin nailed it - 36 months or 400 hours...BUT....there is a 24 month on the gelcoat and 12 months on the FACTORY installed stereo. Engine covered under its own warranty. You can download a 2004 owners manula from their website or PM me and I will send you that file Biggrin.gif

I've got 165+ hours on my 2004.

I took it in for some pump issues a few months ago, but it was under 150 hours back then. I'm still having the same problem, so I believe I can talk them into fixing it no matter the situation. But I can't remember what the original warranty terms are.

I have a foggy recolection of '3 years / 150 hours - whatever comes first'. Is that right?

I purchased the extended warranty at Copes. And after reading the fine print now, I wish I hadn't. It's not transferable. The big selling point, at the time, was that I could get a full refund if I didn't use it. But I find now that it's not transferable, so it has no value to a prospective buyer. I have to still own the boat in the 5th year to get the refund. Oh well, I may still use it. We'll seen.

Anyway, what is the standard warranty on a bu?

You can also ask for a refund on the extended warranty and you will get a prorated refund. So, you can tiher wait 3 more years for a full refund or get $$ now.

Thinking about switching? Whistling.gif