Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hull Design

I have a 21' 1996 Sunsetter and I was wondering how long that hull was in production and how often they change hull designs?

Brad S

I have a 21' 1996 Sunsetter and I was wondering how long that hull was in production and how often they change hull designs?

Brad S

Malibu, unlike other companies doesn't seem to change their hulls very often. Speaks highly of their hull designs IMHO.

Has anyone heard of a major change to the RLXi coming in 2007?

talked to a rep from cali last week at an open house for a new bu dealership and all I could get out of him was that the boat is giong to be the same in length but will be much deeper in general. more freeboard. HE wouldn't confirm the rumors of a high hp motor or much else. Seems like they are keeping things hush hush .

Has anyone heard of a major change to the RLXi coming in 2007?

Someone (fairly high up - but needs to be un-named) hinted to me that something is coming down the line. When I was speaking to him regarding a more "family friendly" ski boat, I mentioned that I had an old-school SLxi, and that the new SLxi was too big but that the RLxi was too small. He said something to the effect of - wait until the '07s are out. When I asked if they were making a litter bigger version of the Response, he just smiled and said that he could not say.

Who knows, maybe he was blowing smoke - but I think something is coming, I just hope it's the "perfect" boat - for me, of course.

I suspect that they want something that will be cost effective since they have a lot of gaps filled as well as having consolidated a lot of models in relation to hulls used. I'm betting that sometime soon we'll see a Diamond hull option on the Ride series.