Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Question

TheTurtleMan

I was wondering what size tubing I should go with. I am having a guy build me an aluminum tower for my boat. That way I can get exactually what I want, and save some $. Biggrin.gif I just what more of a std size so I will be able to add stuff to it w/ out any prob's. Lights ,speakers, top, and what ever.

Thanks.....

I agree with the Titan 1. Us Canucks all go with Monster Because of availability and but I think the Titan is a better tower. For 1200 bucks how much are you really going to save having a guy build your own.

Monster is 2.5" btw but I don't reccomend that size because of lack of accessories that fit it.

I would prefer the Titan III (or a T2 for that matter) to that tower and the TIII will give you a similar look. I do however like the color combo on the RLXi though.

Man,

That's a good lookin' tower in that pic. I love the way the front and rear legs follow the windshield exactly. And the nice swooping curve looks good too. But, I don't see any realistic useable space for 4 sets of board racks unless they were only mounted to the vertical tubes.

Anywhere from 1 7/8 to 2 1/4 will work and have plenty of accessories available. Don't forget your finish will add size if you powdercoat or paint it.

IMO that tower should be in the 2" range. What is it going to be made out of? Aluminum? Stainless?

Why not find out which accessories you are going to use and go with the size clamps available.